YAFLogo

MSwaffer
  • MSwaffer
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
13 years ago
I have an installation of YAF 1.9.3 that isn't allowing users to reset passwords. They get the password reset emails OK but the passwords don't work. I have tried resetting the password via the Admin users page and get the same result.

The installation details are:

-GoDaddy Virtual Server

-Windows 2003 Server with Service Pack 2

-.NET 3.5 is installed on the box

-Sql Server 2005 Express

-YAF Version 1.9.3

http://forum.wildbunchracing.com 

-Using the YAF MembershipProvider with SHA1

There are no events in the event log and I haven't been able to find any information in the documentation on what might be set up wrong.

Any suggestions on where to look for this problem?

Thanks!

Matt

Sponsor

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
13 years ago
Unfortunately, there is a known bug in YAF v1.9.3 related to membership provider, password resetting and the SHA1 encoding. Might release a patch for the v1.9.3 provider...

FP: Jaben

MSwaffer
  • MSwaffer
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
13 years ago
So the good news is I am not losing my mind right!? :)

Is there a quick and easy work-around? Would removing the SHA1 piece do the trick? I actually wouldn't care too much about using plain-text passwords on this one, it's a low traffic site with little need for security.

Thanks for the quick response, it is much appreciated!

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
13 years ago
MSwaffer wrote:

So the good news is I am not losing my mind right!? :)

Is there a quick and easy work-around? Would removing the SHA1 piece do the trick? I actually wouldn't care too much about using plain-text passwords on this one, it's a low traffic site with little need for security.

Thanks for the quick response, it is much appreciated!

Not recommended, no... if you change your encoding you *may* have issues with existing passwords.

I'll look at providing a fix here as it's a major issue with v1.9.3 providers.

rlobban
  • rlobban
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
13 years ago
I too am having this issue and require a fix AS Soon As Pssible. Thanks guys - great work!