YAFLogo

squirrel
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: diogoluis 

squirrel Any news? Can you at least provide us with what you have?

I'm hesitant to mainly because it is in a really 'unfinished' state -- the scripts are as far as importing topics, but message content and some other key tests need to be run before I am comfortable cutting it loose in the wild. I am atleast working on it again, and will keep everyone updated as best I can --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
lemonde
  • lemonde
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
10 years ago
What about a script just to get the topics and categories over, could anyone provide me with those.

Whenever I try the scripts on my own Snitz I am beset by errors.

Can anyone just post a quick set of links saying what they did in which order that worked?

Many thanks to everyone for what has gone so far.

squirrel
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: lemonde 

What about a script just to get the topics and categories over, could anyone provide me with those.

Whenever I try the scripts on my own Snitz I am beset by errors.

Can anyone just post a quick set of links saying what they did in which order that worked?

Many thanks to everyone for what has gone so far.

The scripts I have will be done fairly soon. I have been plagued with the requirement to work on projects that pay my bills and keep my lights on at home.

The stuff I have put together cures many of the issues by allowing 'configuration' of the utility to compensate for differences in installations --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
lemonde
  • lemonde
  • 57.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
10 years ago
Well I am game for trying out what you have if you don't mind - I will gladly post back any messages I receive. I have been slogging through the rest of the posts ob this thread but cannot make any headway!
parkerseal
8 years ago
I know this is a really old thread, but it's best to keep to one topic.

I've packaged up the scripts into a VB app (VS2005), which converts directly from a Snitz access database. Not guaranteed to work for anyone else, but worked for me! But you may need to run in Debug mode to sort out any issues.

It assumes the YAF 2.0 database has already been created.

Source and Exe attached.