YAFLogo

johnk
  • johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
9 years ago
I downloaded the latest build from codeplex. While running /install/default.aspx I noticed the check box for "upgrade BB code is added back". It is located just below the "install full search" checkbox. This checkbox for upgrade BB code was removed earlier due to breaking YAF forum install.

Was this issue (with BBcode upgrade) fixed or is this a bug?

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
9 years ago
Can not reproduce this. On a new Install the box is not visible only on a upgrade (when the forum is installed) then the box should be visible.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: johnk 

I downloaded the latest build from codeplex. While running /install/default.aspx I noticed the check box for "upgrade BB code is added back". It is located just below the "install full search" checkbox. This checkbox for upgrade BB code was removed earlier due to breaking YAF forum install.

Was this issue (with BBcode upgrade) fixed or is this a bug?

I've periodically been updating my site with the changesets of 2.0 and every time the upgrade bbcode checkbox has been there.

johnk
  • johnk
  • 74.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Can not reproduce this. On a new Install the box is not visible only on a upgrade (when the forum is installed) then the box should be visible.

Quote:

I've periodically been updating my site with the changesets of 2.0 and every time the upgrade bbcode checkbox has been there.

For last few weeks the "Upgrade BB" checkbox was hidden for both new and upgrade install. It is appearing now for upgrade install (I havent checked it for new install).

BTW how does YAF know whether it is new or upgrade install. Does it check app.config for password and database for specific tables?

Also should this checkbox be hidden for upgrade install, since it is giving error message (or atleast it was few weeks back as per earlier forum posts)

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: johnk 

BTW how does YAF know whether it is new or upgrade install. Does it check app.config for password and database for specific tables?

it checks the database

Originally Posted by: johnk 

Also should this checkbox be hidden for upgrade install, since it is giving error message (or atleast it was few weeks back as per earlier forum posts)

No, the error was only occur on a new install.