YAFLogo

yuchiro
  • yuchiro
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi !

YAF is really good for me. But i need change some thing about forums.

So, please help me or give me a advice.

My problem is "How to add a colum in the left forum as menu."

Thanks in advanced.

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
11 years ago
Which Menu exactly did you mean the?

If you want to add your own Menu Item Open the YafHeader.ascx...

Add a Menu Item to the My Menu...

Quote:

Logged in as: tha_watcha My Profile My Inbox

<ul class="menuMyList">
                <li class="menuMy myProfile">
                  <asp:HyperLink id="MyProfile" runat="server" Target="_top"></asp:HyperLink>
                </li>
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="MyInboxItem" runat="server">
                </asp:PlaceHolder>
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="MyBuddiesItem" runat="server">
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="MyAlbumsItem" runat="server">
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="MyTopicItem" runat="server">
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="LogutItem" runat="server" Visible="false">
                 <li class="menuAccount">
                   <asp:LinkButton ID="LogOutButton" runat="server" OnClick="LogOutClick" OnClientClick="createCookie('ScrollPosition',document.all ? document.scrollTop : window.pageYOffset);"></asp:LinkButton>
                 </li>
<li class="menuMy">
                   <a href="url">My Link</a>
                 </li>
            </ul>

or if you want to add an Menu item to...

Quote:

Forum Search Members Help

<ul class="menuList">
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="menuListItems" runat="server">
            <li> <a href="url">Custom Link</a></li>
            </ul>
Steve4
  • Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover
10 years ago
tha_watcha

Do you know what page loads the Admin items into menuAdminList (eg., Admin, Host, Moderate)?

Steve

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: Steve4 

tha_watcha

Do you know what page loads the Admin items into menuAdminList (eg., Admin, Host, Moderate)?

Steve

There are added on the CodeBehind Page YafHeader.ascx.cs

Steve4
  • Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover
10 years ago
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

tha_watcha

Steve

There are added on the CodeBehind Page YafHeader.ascx.cs

Thanks. Now I see it. I should've thought of that. I have worked with code behind pages, and I found YafHeader.ascx. I just forgot about the codebehind page.

Steve4
  • Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover
10 years ago
tha_watcha

I'm sorry to keep bothering you and (obviously) you can just ignore me if you get tired of this.

I took a look at that code behind page and in several places they are calling this.GetText, but I can't find the GetText method. [The collapse/expand sections is very irritating in Visual Web Developer] I expanded all the code and I still don't see it. It looks like the class inherits from BaseUserControl. I couldn't find that class, but finally I did. GetText is not in that class either. It inherits from UserControl, but UserControl doesn't have GetText according to MSDN. It inherits from some interfaces in the project and I don't see it there either.

I can't do a search text on the entire project because it might take hours to search the code remotely. Actually, I could set up a local project and search that, but I'm hoping you will tell me: Where in the world is GetText? And that may not solve my problem. I want to remove the Host link from my Admin menu to save space, because it basically does the same thing as the Admin link. So I commented out the call to RenderMenuItem(menuAdminItems,...this.GetText("TOOLBAR", "HOST"),...); but the link still appears. It's like a zombie link that won't die. Do you know what I'm missing here?

Thanks

Steve

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
10 years ago

tha_watcha

I'm sorry to keep bothering you and (obviously) you can just ignore me if you get tired of this.

I took a look at that code behind page and in several places they are calling this.GetText, but I can't find the GetText method. [The collapse/expand sections is very irritating in Visual Web Developer] I expanded all the code and I still don't see it. It looks like the class inherits from BaseUserControl. I couldn't find that class, but finally I did. GetText is not in that class either. It inherits from UserControl, but UserControl doesn't have GetText according to MSDN. It inherits from some interfaces in the project and I don't see it there either.

I can't do a search text on the entire project because it might take hours to search the code remotely. Actually, I could set up a local project and search that, but I'm hoping you will tell me: Where in the world is GetText? And that may not solve my problem. I want to remove the Host link from my Admin menu to save space, because it basically does the same thing as the Admin link. So I commented out the call to RenderMenuItem(menuAdminItems,...this.GetText("TOOLBAR", "HOST"),...); but the link still appears. It's like a zombie link that won't die. Do you know what I'm missing here?

Thanks

Steve

The GetText can be found in YAF.Types.Interfaces.Extensions.IHaveLocalizationExtensions.

Are you sure you compiled the Project?

Steve4
  • Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover
10 years ago
No, I'm sure I have not compiled the project. I opened the solution locally and tried to build it and got 765 errors. That's 765 too many. I'm using Visual Web Developer Express 2008. Do I have to upgrade that? I don't know when I would get around to that.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
10 years ago

No, I'm sure I have not compiled the project. I opened the solution locally and tried to build it and got 765 errors. That's 765 too many. I'm using Visual Web Developer Express 2008. Do I have to upgrade that? I don't know when I would get around to that.

If you are modify the source files you need to compile the solution. And yes you need vs 2010.

Steve4
  • Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover
10 years ago
Thanks, for the info. I've found another solution for now. All I really need is to make a few mods to my implementation. To do that I need to find where some code is located. I can do text searches on the code even though it won't compile. So, for example, I found where the user_aspnet method is located and if I can't get the call to that method to work, I'll just copy the code to the class where I need it. All it's doing is calling a stored procedure anyway.

Thanks again

Steve