Boskone
  •  Boskone
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
2008-06-19T12:18:03Z
Here is the complete project for yaf_dnn.dll as well as the DotNetNukeModule.ascx and DotNetNukeModuleEdit.ascx.
This is not an official release by the YAF team, only what I have done while testing.
This is in VS2008 format.

EDIT:
Please go to this page  for an updated yaf_dnn interface. The one posted here will not work correctly for multiple boards.
File Attachment(s):
YAF193-DNN483Source.zip (22kb) downloaded 273 time(s).

Boskone - A DotNetNuke user.
RDSCC 
Sponsor
Guillermo
2008-06-19T23:01:26Z
Thanks 🙂

I'm new in DotNetNuke!
Should I drag this in the DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet folder?
Anything else?
Boskone
  •  Boskone
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
2008-06-20T15:42:39Z
Guillermo wrote:

Thanks 🙂

I'm new in DotNetNuke!
Should I drag this in the DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet folder?
Anything else?

The DotNetNukeModule.ascx and DotNetNukeModuleEdit.ascx along with the corresponding .cs files go in the YetAnotherForumDotNetFolder.
The yaf_dnn project builds a .dll file which goes in the DotNetNuke bin directory.

I believe i uploaded an install.cs file as well. It goes in the YetAnotherForumDotNet\install directory.
RDSCC 
Boskone
  •  Boskone
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
2008-06-24T19:10:50Z
UPDATE:

I changed the role provider in my web.config to the standard AspNetRoleProvider so it looks like this now.

<anonymousIdentification enabled="true" cookieName=".ASPXANONYMOUS" cookieTimeout="100000" cookiePath="/" cookieRequireSSL="false" cookieSlidingExpiration="true" cookieProtection="None" domain="" />
    <membership defaultProvider="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <!-- Configuration for DNNSQLMembershipProvider:
              connectionStringName="string"               Name corresponding to the entry in <connectionStrings> section where the connection string for the provider is specified
              passwordAttemptThreshold="int"              The number of failed password attempts, or failed password answer attempts that are allowed before locking out a user?s account
              passwordAttemptWindow="int"                 The time window, in minutes, during which failed password attempts and failed password answer attempts are tracked
              enablePasswordRetrieval="[true|false]"      Should the provider support password retrievals
              enablePasswordReset="[true|false]"          Should the provider support password resets
              requiresQuestionAndAnswer="[true|false]"    Should the provider require Q & A
			        minRequiredPasswordLength="int"		          The minimum password length
			        minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="int"  The minimum number of non-alphanumeric characters
              applicationName="string"                    Optional string to identity the application: defaults to Application Metabase path
              requiresUniqueEmail="[true|false]"          Should the provider require a unique email to be specified
              passwordFormat="[Clear|Hashed|Encrypted]"   Storage format for the password: Hashed (SHA1), Clear or Encrypted (Triple-DES)
              description="string"                        Description of what the provider does
        -->
        <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="SiteSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Encrypted" applicationName="DotNetNuke" description="Stores and retrieves membership data from the local Microsoft SQL Server database" />
      </providers>
    </membership>
    <!-- YAF Support -->
    <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="AspNetSqlRoleProvider">
      <providers>
        <clear/>
        <add connectionStringName="SiteSqlServer" applicationName="DotNetNuke"
            name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
      </providers>
    </roleManager>
    <profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="YafProfileProvider" inherits="YAF.Classes.Utils.YafUserProfile">
      <providers>
        <clear/>
        <add connectionStringName="SiteSqlServer" applicationName="DotNetNuke" name="YafProfileProvider" type="YAF.Providers.Profile.YafProfileProvider"/>
      </providers>
    </profile>
    <!-- END -->
  </system.web>

DotNetNuke does not use a standard role provider so this has no effect on its operation.
With this change I was able to remove code to add a user to the yaf_prov tables.

Role syncronization works, partly. It is only one way.

I have attached a new DotNetNukeModule.cs file.
File Attachment(s):
DotNetNukeModule.ascx.cs.zip (2kb) downloaded 103 time(s).

RDSCC 
sandabh
2009-02-23T11:10:55Z
Hi, I downloaded the yaf_dnn project from above. I need to make changes to some of the pages in YAF. Now where do i add the projects and where do i place the compiled dlls?

1. I have the code and solution for dnn.
2. I have code and solution for YAF.
3. I have the code and solution provided above for yaf_dll
4. I have just the module .zip file for YAFDNN module.

Should i add the yaf_dnn and yaf project to the DNN project (which already has the installed YAFDNN module) and make changes and replace the yaf.dll and yaf_dnn dll in DNN bin directory?
Boskone
  •  Boskone
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
2009-02-23T13:05:54Z
The way i did it was to add the DotNetNukeModule.ascx and DotNetNukeModuleEdit.ascx to the yaf project in the root of the website, and put a copy of DotNetNuke.dll into the bin folder.

The yaf_dnn project is on its own.

If you open the references folder in the project you will see which of the YAF dlls and Dnn dlls to reference.

RDSCC 
schworak
2009-05-18T18:09:42Z
Very happy and excited to see the DNN version of YAF coming along.

I think I'll wait just a bit longer until there is standard installer zip file for the module. You guys are all doing an awesome job!
Boskone
  •  Boskone
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF MVP Topic Starter
2009-05-19T13:58:54Z
Thanks!
Although even with a standard install zip, there will be some manual configuration to the web.config. That is the hardest part to get correct.
RDSCC 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.