YAFLogo

mrollhome
  • mrollhome
  • 53% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hello,

I am having trouble getting the install/default.aspx page to run.

I am running YAF in a subfolder as part of my own .Net 2.0 Web Application. I have 1.9.3 and the .Net 2.0 DLLs All config files (app.config, db.config) are in both the YAF folder and the root folder. I already have a database, so I supplied the Uid and password for that DB in my config settings. The modifications I have made are listed after the errors.

Any HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

Currently, I am getting a compiler error.

Compiler Error:

Compiler Error Message: CS0120: An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, method, or property 'YAF.Providers.Membership.DB.UpgradeMembership(int, int)'

Source error:

Line 291: YAF.Providers.Membership.DB.UpgradeMembership( prevVersion, YafForumInfo.AppVersion );

MODIFICATIONS

web.custom.config file attached to web.config:

db.config:

PLEASE HELP ME,

Mike

Sponsor

mrollhome
  • mrollhome
  • 53% (Neutral)
12 years ago
What is the Role Manager feature and how do I enable it?
Mek
  • Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
You need to look at our default web.configs properly and merge your web.config and our web.config together.

RoleManager handles the Roles within YAF and is part of all the required provider settings YAF needs to operate.

UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )

mrollhome
  • mrollhome
  • 53% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Thanks. I am getting there. However, I cannot get an admin user created.

I am now getting the following error. What setting causes this?

Create Admin User Failed: The authentication provider returned an error. Please verify your entry and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

I want to get passed this so I can get it authenticating to my ASP.Net Web Application.

my entry for YAF looks exactly like my web application:

The membership tag I have uses: