YAFLogo

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi all.

I read about integration of Umbraco and YAF, but all picture is not clear.

So, can anybody write step by step instruction how to integrate?

And one more: by default YAF uses YAF membership provider, and Umbraco uses UmbracoMembershipProvider ... What I must do with this?

Sponsor

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
in wiki i find one theme about membership. As I understand in this theme I can dublicate my Umbraco accounts and YAF accounts. But in this way I obtain two copies of each user : for umbraco and for YAF. Can I use one membership for umbraco and for YAF?
Mek
  • Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
You use one membership provder either YAF or Umbraco; not both :-)

UserPostedImage

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
Jaben, I have the same problem, as wamprat:

Hi, I have been trying to follow the above instructions. (I am a noob to umbraco and YAF, and I am just putting this together for a POC).

When I try to go to the YAF install I get an about

Invalid language file C:\Inetpub\umbraco\languages\english.xml

Line 61: TimeZones.DataSource = YafStaticData.TimeZones( "english.xml" );

It would appear YAF is trying to look in the umbraco folder for this file when it should be looking in the YAF subfolder i.e. \umbraco\YAF\languages\.

I believe the file it is failing on is default.aspx.cs TimeZones.DataSource = YafStaticData.TimeZones( "english.xml" );

I could try and manually edit the cs file to look in the correct folder but no one else seems to of had these issues, so I am unsure this is the correct thing to do.

Thanks.

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
how can I set right path to lang files ?

now it try to search in /presentation/languages, but need in /presentation/yaf/languages/

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
I put folder YAF in umbraco/presentation folder, but system search all files of folder yaf diractly in umbraco/presentation. So I think, I miss something that tell system to find files in umbraco/presentation/yaf, not in umbraco/presentation.

What my mistake?

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
Finally I find this : In solution that wrote Jaben in Code snippet 3

u neet to add prefix YAF. before each key. Also u need to rebuild yaf for new version of Ajax control toolkit!

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
Hi again!

Now I find one problem:

After I nade all actions by instriction if I try to all a new topic or to log in to admin section of forum, I find error: Profile has not been enabled.

Where i must enable user?

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
For example when I try to add new topic, I find error in umbraco\presentation\YAF\controls\DisplayPost.ascx.cs

Row 379: {

Row 380: // setup instance of the user profile...

Row 381: _userProfile = PageContext.GetProfile( UserMembershipHelper.GetUserNameFromID( UserId ) );

Row 382: }

Row 383:

sperr0w
  • sperr0w
  • 67.4% (Friendly)
12 years ago
I solve this problem, but I find one more. I need to move all users from my old forum to new.

So I create file to import users. and control to upload this file.

here I create user :

I use umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.MakeNew()

ind all fine, but I dont know, how to set yaf member info like Icq number Joined IP and other. Any suggestion?

json
  • json
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
12 years ago
sperr0w wrote:

Hi again!

Now I find one problem:

After I nade all actions by instriction if I try to all a new topic or to log in to admin section of forum, I find error: Profile has not been enabled.

Where i must enable user?

What was the solution to this problem? I've got an installation of Umbraco v4.0.3 with YAF v1.9.3 RC2.

But I keep getting the "Profile has not been enabled" error, when I try posting a new topic, when accessing the admin and "my profile" pages, etc.

ascend
  • ascend
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
12 years ago
Jaben wrote:

http://dawoe.blogspot.com/2009/02/intergrate-yet-another-forum-193rc2.html

I have done professional Umbraco/YAF implementations.

I have looked at your blog post and it seems detailed but long as well (lots of steps). Can you give me an idea for the the amount of time required to integrate YAF into Umbraco, considering that I know very little about YAF (yet!).

Also, is it easy to make YAF use the current Umbraco membership provider, which is a custom one rather than the default.

Finally, would you have any examples that I could see / try?

Cheers,

Gordon

Jaben
  • Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
12 years ago
ascend wrote:

Jaben wrote:

I have looked at your blog post and it seems detailed but long as well (lots of steps). Can you give me an idea for the the amount of time required to integrate YAF into Umbraco, considering that I know very little about YAF (yet!).

Also, is it easy to make YAF use the current Umbraco membership provider, which is a custom one rather than the default.

Cheers,

Gordon

It's not my blog post. I can't give estimates for anyone but myself. It takes me about 2 hours to setup YAF for Umbraco.

You can use YAF's membership provider instead of Umbraco's, yes. We're not talking easy or hard here -- it's just skill levels. If you know ASP.NET, then you know it's easy to modify membership settings.

http://www.draka-ep.com/yaf/forum.aspx 

MJCS
  • MJCS
  • 64.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Lover
11 years ago
Jaben wrote:

ascend wrote:

Jaben wrote:

Cheers,

Gordon

It's not my blog post. I can't give estimates for anyone but myself. It takes me about 2 hours to setup YAF for Umbraco.

You can use YAF's membership provider instead of Umbraco's, yes. We're not talking easy or hard here -- it's just skill levels. If you know ASP.NET, then you know it's easy to modify membership settings.

http://www.draka-ep.com/yaf/forum.aspx 

Can you package up what you changed in order to get your board to work with Umbraco? I keep getting the following error but can't figure out why as there is no duplicate entry:

Module IIS Web Core

Notification Unknown

Handler Not yet determined

Error Code 0x800700b7

Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined

Config File \\?\C:\MYPATH\wwwroot\web.config

http://forums.sirianconsortium.com:80/ 

Physical Path

Logon Method Not yet determined

Logon User Not yet determined

Config Source

5:

6:

7: