YAFLogo

robw@stoneenterprises.com
9 years ago
I'm attempting to install from WebMatrix and I don't get an option to select which DB or DB user. It defaults to the 'sa' user and requires a password. I have no idea what the default 'sa' password is.

I've tried to install YAF directly but I end up in the same place. No ability to point to the DataBase I crerated for the forum.

Frustrated and confused - any help out there?

Configuration:

Windows 7 home premium

SQL Server 2008 R2 compact edition

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: robw@stoneenterprises.com 

I'm attempting to install from WebMatrix and I don't get an option to select which DB or DB user. It defaults to the 'sa' user and requires a password. I have no idea what the default 'sa' password is.

I've tried to install YAF directly but I end up in the same place. No ability to point to the DataBase I crerated for the forum.

Frustrated and confused - any help out there?

Configuration:

Windows 7 home premium

SQL Server 2008 R2 compact edition

You can ether modify the connection string manually in the db.config or you modify the string via the Install Wizard.

robw@stoneenterprises.com
9 years ago
I'm doing a fresh install of YAF directly from WebMatrix and no matter how I attempt the install I never have an option to select a DB.

So how does one modify the YAF install wizard? It appears to me that it's using the standard MS web install app.

This should be simple stupid but I'm stumped on this one.

squirrel
9 years ago
While this is not directly related to your problem, but the version available in WebMatrix is somewhat older. If you were do download the compiled 1.9.6.1 version and install that, inside your db.config you can specify all database information prior to running the install script (~/install/default.aspx)

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend