YAFLogo

brigzy
  • brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-05-04T15:17:25Z
Hello,

I hope I find some friends here πŸ™‚

I have managed to set up YAF - up to a point!

http://leansoftware.net/forum/ 

I may be tired - but I can't see how to create an attachment ( "Attach files to this post?" seems missing).

Version 1.9.5 RC1

Also is it possible to default this option "Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail? " to be ticked.

Brigzy


UserPostedImage New Network Edition V2.8 - Released Dec 2013 
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2012-05-04T15:33:23Z
Originally Posted by: brigzy 

Hello,

I hope I find some friends here πŸ™‚

I have managed to set up YAF - up to a point!

http://leansoftware.net/forum/ 

I may be tired - but I can't see how to create an attachment ( "Attach files to this post?" seems missing).

Version 1.9.5 RC1

Also is it possible to default this option "Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail? " to be ticked.

Brigzy

1 - When you are submitting a post, there is a Checkbox below the text area in which you are typing your post. The text next to the Checkbox reads "Attach files to this post?" Check the checkbox and when you click "Post" you'll see an option to upload an attachment.

2 - If you go to your Admin > Board Settings, you'll see on the bottom this setting.

引用:

Default Notification Setting:

When a new user account is created, what notification setting does it default to?

The options are in a drop down menu. I think this is what you're looking for?

brigzy
  • brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-05-04T15:47:29Z
Thanks for your reply..

Attachments :

This is what I see:

UserPostedImage

Board Notification set to 'Notification for topics you've posted to, watched ..'

I have set the max file size to blank .. wonder if thats it?

Brigzy


UserPostedImage New Network Edition V2.8 - Released Dec 2013 
logan
  • logan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader
2012-05-04T22:55:48Z
Make sure your users access mask allows upload
test
squirrel
2012-05-05T06:05:40Z
1.9.6.1 has many many updates above version you are running as well. But for sure as posted above, access masks and roles need attention for attachments to work. I also believe that version has 'activeAccess' table flush bug, where the table is not always flushed and reset when access masks are changed. I have version close to that and any time we update user roles, we have to manually flush that table to get the user's permissions updated.
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
bbobb
  • bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-05-05T07:02:17Z
Originally Posted by: squirrel 

1.9.6.1 has many many updates above version you are running as well. But for sure as posted above, access masks and roles need attention for attachments to work. I also believe that version has 'activeAccess' table flush bug, where the table is not always flushed and reset when access masks are changed. I have version close to that and any time we update user roles, we have to manually flush that table to get the user's permissions updated.

Actually, access masks are cleaned automatically when user is inactive for number of minutes set in ActiveUsers list time - 5 minutes by default πŸ™‚ . The only problem was with the Guest access and with impatient users, who didn't know how it works and went nervous. Anyway in the above version that had not been fixed yet.

brigzy
  • brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-05-05T17:01:49Z
Originally Posted by: logan 

Make sure your users access mask allows upload

Yep that was it - many thanks.

On the other ask - default "Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail? " to be ticked, I havn't managed to achieve this - but am just wondering if it is because when testing I am replying to my own post - I notice when I reply to this post it is in fact already ticked - so will add another user / post and give it another go.

Thanks-a-trillion

Brigzy


UserPostedImage New Network Edition V2.8 - Released Dec 2013 
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🀴 YAF Version: 3.0.1
2012-05-05T19:03:14Z
Originally Posted by: brigzy 

Originally Posted by: logan 

Make sure your users access mask allows upload

Yep that was it - many thanks.

On the other ask - default "Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail? " to be ticked, I havn't managed to achieve this - but am just wondering if it is because when testing I am replying to my own post - I notice when I reply to this post it is in fact already ticked - so will add another user / post and give it another go.

Thanks-a-trillion

Brigzy

If you change the Notification Type to "Notification for topics you've posted to, watched or marked as favorite" on the User Control Panel -> "Email Notification Preferences" Page the checkbox is by default on when you create a topic.


UserPostedImage
brigzy
  • brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-05-05T19:33:58Z
Originally Posted by: squirrel 

1.9.6.1 has many many updates above version you are running as well. But for sure as posted above, access masks and roles need attention for attachments to work. I also believe that version has 'activeAccess' table flush bug, where the table is not always flushed and reset when access masks are changed. I have version close to that and any time we update user roles, we have to manually flush that table to get the user's permissions updated.

Thanks, I have now upgraded to 1.9.6.1.!!

I found the editing of the config files tricky - but I managed - and once I changed the App Pool to .NET 4 it came together well.

I have a problem though with the new version - it has shrunk my attachment image:-

http://www.leansoftware.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3 

Also - wondering where I find a smiley pak πŸ™‚

Brigzy


UserPostedImage New Network Edition V2.8 - Released Dec 2013 
brigzy
  • brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-05-08T11:26:52Z

Hello there

as regards 1.9.6.1...

problem with images being resized still a problem

example : http://www.leansoftware.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3 

I can't find a way to prevent the resize, wondering if I should log as an issue..?

Best regards

Brigzy


UserPostedImage New Network Edition V2.8 - Released Dec 2013 
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🀴 YAF Version: 3.0.1
2012-05-08T13:26:02Z
Originally Posted by: brigzy 

Hello there

as regards 1.9.6.1...

problem with images being resized still a problem

example : http://www.leansoftware.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3 

I can't find a way to prevent the resize, wondering if I should log as an issue..?

Best regards

Brigzy

Attached images are automatically resized, because otherwise images that are too big are breaking the forum layout in some cases. If you dont want the image resizing simply remove the css property from the file ../resources/css/forum.css

.yafnet .postdiv .UserPostedImage {max-width:500px;max-height:100%;}

UserPostedImage
brigzy
  • brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-05-17T15:47:42Z
Watcha (that means hello from where I come from)

thank you so much, I changed it to 1000px width .. now it looks great!

Image test link! 

Thank you

FAB!


UserPostedImage New Network Edition V2.8 - Released Dec 2013 
btbowden
  • btbowden
  • 51.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2013-12-15T05:12:24Z
Originally Posted by: brigzy 

Thanks for your reply..

Attachments :

This is what I see:

UserPostedImage

Did you ever figure out the issue with this? I'm having the same problem.

brigzy
  • brigzy
  • 66.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2013-12-15T13:55:57Z
Hi,

I just followed the instructructions from the_watcha in the thread, it work fine now.

Mind you it was a while ago so maybe I am on an older version of YAF.

Did you find the css file mentioned?

Cheers


UserPostedImage New Network Edition V2.8 - Released Dec 2013 
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic