YAFLogo

daveburke
  • daveburke
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
10 years ago
YAF Team #1,

Excited about the v1.9.6.1 RTW release! Before integrating it with existing sites I wanted to do a full install and encountered a runtime because of Foreign Key constraint FK_yaf_BBCode_Board.

This constraint, of course, is in yaf_BBCode and at the time of the runtime, both it and yaf_board are empty. The problem seems to be the "Upgrade BBCode Extensions..." checkbox on the Wizard which is checked by default with the upgrade script occurring on both new installs and version upgrades. Unchecking "Upgrade BBCode Extensions" resulted in a clean install.

I know that logic dictates that you should clear the "upgrade BBCode Extensions..." when performing a new install, but users assume since it is checked by default that it should not be cleared.

I'm using YAF 1.9.6.1 SRC (which compiled flawlessly on the first run, btw.) I assume its the same behavior in the BIN release and suspect we'll be seeing this again. Perhaps the quickest fix would be to simply add "clear checkbox for new installs" rather than clear/check it programmatically.

Congratulations on v1.9.6.1! You'll be hearing more from me, I'm sure.

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsor

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.3
10 years ago
I already fixed this issue in the Repository

http://yafnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/aa21134d2c25 

unfortunately the release version is an older change set

daveburke
  • daveburke
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
10 years ago
Thank you, tha_watcha. That's quite a few check-ins post-v1.9.6.1. Thought maybe you'd take some time off! :-)

-Dave