Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Views profile of a user Lac
Name: Lac Offline
Number of Posts: 66
[0.20% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 1 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 0
Thanked Posts: 0
Community Reputation Received:
View All Posts by User
Topic: Deregistration.   Go to last post
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:22:13 PM(UTC)
selcuk wrote:
There should be process of deregistration via email verification.
And what you will do with existing posts? My user frequently request me about delete account, but my answer is 'no' because it place community content to wrong state. One what may be done - is to set a Flag like "deleted" what will hide all personal info and visual mark person as "deleted", but without exactly "deregistration" - it wil be helpfull.
Topic: Who Uses YetAnotherForum?   Go to last post
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 10:40:19 PM(UTC)
Topic: Rewriter rules   Go to last post
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:32:45 PM(UTC)
May i mistake, but i try to do this and i see what results is equal to previous version of YAF.

For information some: this is rewriter from Microsoft. Did you planning to use this? I am using this one in my own projects and it is fine. On many hosting platforms Microsoft rewriter installed by default, so you only need make two configs - for Intelligencia and for MS.
Topic: Background in SoClean Theme   Go to last post
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 10:34:34 PM(UTC)
Greetings.

On most installation and in most Windows themes color with name "Windows" is White.
But some people like me using own themes with replacement of original color.
This "Windows" color is default color for browser page and start background of every page.
So i seen many site not like designer on white background, but on my own, and not all site look right Wink .
To fix it, change attributes in theme.css. I change it like it:
Code:
body{
    background:white;
}

But you will be right if with understanding of your own theme set this color in correct place.
Topic: YAF v1.9.403 BETA3 (Dated: 10/22/2009) - SVN Rev. 2796   Go to last post
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 2:03:36 AM(UTC)
Great Work!
I'll place new beta into Russian Forum on the next week.
Topic: 1.93 Suspend User Bug   Go to last post
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 6:49:14 PM(UTC)
I found this topic in search. In last YAF release bug presents.

You solve this problem?
Topic: Multiple instances and BaseUrl   Go to last post
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:19:57 AM(UTC)
I think one true architectural way is to separate cache storage for instances in one application. But this is hardway.
Topic: Multiple instances and BaseUrl   Go to last post
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:26:48 PM(UTC)
When i run two forums in one application i found the foliwing error.

The situation:
*) One App
*) Forum at /Forum/
*) Forum at /Projects/
*) Every three directory has in own web.config - one in / directory with connection string etc, and two in folders with app settings like BoardId and BaseUrl.

Parameter BaseUrl from config was cached incorrectly: it was mined on forum what first started and remembered for all instances. If i first start /Projects/ for example, all links in /Forum/ have /projects/ in path also, but this wrong.

i fix it by editing UrlBuilder.cs, change property get to
Code:
        static public string BaseUrl
        {
            get
            {
return WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings["BaseUrl"];
            }
        }
It works, but i think this wrong way becouse we lost cache and architecture when go away from YAF.Classes.Config.

After this change instances works fine.
Topic: URL rewriting rules change   Go to last post
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:08:46 PM(UTC)
boomhauer wrote:
URL rewriting looks like it works ok in this release. But i was curious how I can change hte prfix used in all the rules, "yaf_..." to be something more site specific. I replaced this with, lets say "mysitename_..." but the site still generates links with yaf_ prefixes... is this something that can be changed in the binary release or would i need to dig into the source version to find where i can change this?

thanks
In sources.
"yaf_" prefix is need only to identify what is yaf rules, there is no needs to replace it. You need it only to hide what you use yaf, but this is wrong needs.
Topic: Pool recreation error   Go to last post
Posted: Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:12:25 PM(UTC)
There is a bug in 1.9.3 when you create poll in topic, delete it, and recreate.
Two ways:
1) Delete pool and do not press save, and try create it againt - pool will be same as previous, not clear.
2) Delete pool and save changes. Again press edit post and create pool, fill it and press save. No pool will be added.

Notification

Icon
Error