Jesterking
2008-06-30T15:05:13Z
Forgive me if this has already been covered, I could not find info on it but.....
The problem that I'm running into is that when a user returns and there is a new PM waiting, the notification pop-up appears but it is always towards the bottom of the screen and if you can make out what the pop-up says, you can't click the ok button to close it. If you try scolling to a lower position to get to the pop-up, it moves with the screen or disappears to the bottom. If possible, I would like to disable this feature all together and just have the notification at the top where the inbox link is.

Thank you in advance and sorry for any confusion.

JK-
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-06-30T17:43:47Z
It's not a bug. You don't have your XHTML doctype specified properly on your webpage -- most likely you are using a master page.

YAF v1.9.3 is XHTML -- and requires that unless you change the rendering type in the web.config -- which might not work. I suggest juse using doctype XHTML.
mddubs
2008-08-11T13:50:43Z
I'm seeing the same result. My masterpage contains these two lines:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

I've seen you refer to XHTML in a few posts and this is correct right?

So since the AJAX notifications are off-center with the masterpage, I made a new webform without a masterpage and I'm seeing the same results. Anyone else?
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
test2005
2008-08-12T02:10:03Z
Is this IE or FF? I'm not seeing this behaviour in either browser.
.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
mddubs
2008-08-12T03:25:25Z
I'm seeing it in IE and FF. Check it out on my dev box at:

http://bunkerhollow.com:56789 

testmember
YAFtest

Login and goto the member forum, and I found the easiest way to make it happen is to do a search for a string less than 4 characters and you get a pop-up notification.
UserPostedImage 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
test2005
2008-08-12T07:51:44Z
OK....using the IE Developer Toolbar....I can see ther is an error in the CSS file that is applied to the modal form. The box is having it's position set to "fixed" instead of "absolute". Because you have YAF inside another container, it's being forced to the bottom of the page. Have a look at your CSS files and check class "modalBackground"

By the way...nice site layout!! :P

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
mddubs
2008-08-12T12:32:23Z
The IE Dev Bar sounds like something I should be using! I installed it and it'll be a little while till I get the hang of it, I couldn't find the error you're refering too. But anyway, based on your suggestion, I spent the last hour stabbing in the dark with CSS Position styles. I tried every combination of position on the modalBackground and modalPopup, I tried it on my own styles (although by the time I get to the YAF control it's like 10 styles deep). I even tried wrapping the control in a div with all the different position varients. All to no avail.

Who's the CSS master around here... cuz it sure ain't me.

I was going to thank you for the compliment on the layout, but I see now it's a razz smiley... ouch.
UserPostedImage 
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-08-12T15:31:25Z
Try having the id="YAFHead" for your head section and allowing YAF to stick it's CSS inside the head. (Sounds sort of dirty...)

Just give that a shot.

Next step on the CSS fixing strategy is the deduction: comment out the sections of your CSS and see what breaks it. Also, install Web Development toolbar in FireFox to do this on the fly.

Basically, you don't have to be an expert -- you just have to put energy into it and use the best tools available.
test2005
2008-08-12T15:58:49Z
I'd start looking inot CSS styles set via JScript, as the default tags for "modalBackground" look fine. Also, the IE Dev Toolbar has a refresh button (top left) that allows you to see JScript set CSS properties on the fly. Very cool feature!!
mddubs
2008-08-12T17:07:03Z
Eureka!

I just had to remove the "position:relative" attribute from the surrounding div. I didn't realize it was there, I think I put it there when I was trying to solve my "Jumpy Theme" problem. I found it easily and quickly with the Firebug plugin, what a crucial tool that is. Thanks for the info!

Any chance you guys know when 1.9.3 will be out of beta? If it's soon I'll definitely wait before putting my site online.
UserPostedImage 
test2005
2008-08-14T01:58:57Z
Glad you worked it out.

The YAF dev team are on vacation at the moment. They deserve it! So it may be a bit longer of a wait.

By the way, I was serious about your site. Great layout and integration with YAF. Nice colors too!
mddubs
2008-08-14T03:47:24Z
Well thank you very much, I've been working hard on it.

I think I'll hold out for the release, I just have to have the latest and greatest!
UserPostedImage 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.