Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jaben  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 5:34:59 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 344 time(s) in 196 post(s)
KNOWN ISSUES WITH THIS RELEASE: ON INSTALL PLEASE DON'T CHECK "Upgrade BBCode Extensions...". -- Will release another final that just fixes this issue. Very sorry for the problems.

View v1.9.6.1 on CodePlex

Final!

v1.9.6.1 is .NET v4 ONLY!

Changes and Features in v1.9.6.1:

YAF.NET Community Love

tha_watcha Offline and bbobb Offline really made this release happen.

Thank you both for your huge contribution to YAF.NET.

Thanks to squirrel for really stepping up to support the community!

Project Moved
YAF.NET is now on codeplex! http://yafnet.codeplex.com/

Official Twitter and Facebook
YAF.NET Twitter is here: http://twitter.com/yafnet and Facebook is here: http://www.facebook.com/...mNET-YAF/156302224384947

Languages
Languages may be out of date to the latest in english.xml. Now there is a new language file editor in the admin to make localization much simpler.

Support the YAF.NET Project
Please donate to the project: Donate

Bug/Issue Tracking
YAF now has proper bug tracking thanks to another excellent open source .NET project: BugNET. Please use the tracker to for issues: http://tracker.yetanotherforum.net/
If you want to discuss a possible issue, please post the discussion in this forum: http://forum.yetanotherf...2_Bugs-and-Problems.aspx

DNN Module
tha_watcha Offline is managing the release of the Official YAF DNN module and can be downloaded here: http://dnnyafnet.codeplex.com/

Compiling
Compiling YAF.NET from source now requires Visual Studio 2010. If you don't have 2010, you can build YAF.NET using the freely available url=http://www.microsoft.com/express/]Visual Studio 2010 Express[/url].

SRC: Includes the compiled forum and forum page files with full source and binaries. Requires .NET v4 or greater.
BIN: Includes the compiled forum and forum page files without the source. Requires .NET v4 or greater.

Download Link to v1.9.6.1 RTW Binary

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:07:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked Jaben for this useful post.
squirrel on 3/26/2012(UTC), abcd on 3/26/2012(UTC), bertb on 3/27/2012(UTC), tha_watcha on 3/28/2012(UTC), Zero2Cool on 3/30/2012(UTC), bigmau8 on 7/10/2012(UTC), daonhan on 8/6/2012(UTC), Dr-Hack on 1/1/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:11:14 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 821 post(s)
YAF-DNN-Module 1.9.6.1

Download
thanks 5 users thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
Jaben on 3/27/2012(UTC), abcd on 3/27/2012(UTC), squirrel on 3/27/2012(UTC), thienvc on 4/12/2012(UTC), Dr-Hack on 1/1/2013(UTC)
Offline thienvc  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:34:46 AM(UTC)
thienvc

can i downgrade to 3.5 framework?
Offline squirrel  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:27:50 AM(UTC)
squirrel

Medals: YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports the YAF.NET project with a contribution.YAF.NET Purple Supporter: Purple heart for being an Asset to the YAF.NET Community.YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: A huge help to the YAF.NET community!

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 162 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thienvc Go to Quoted Post
can i downgrade to 3.5 framework?

V1.9.6.1 requires .NET 4...

If you want to run this version, you cannot downgrade...
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend
Offline thienvc  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:40:56 AM(UTC)
thienvc

a problem on previous version: can't not run multi forum with multi portals
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 9:27:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 63 post(s)
The huge red letters that preface this post, I did not obey.

I'm running 1.9.6.1 under the DNN version in my sig. I've been able to post and haven't had any problems yet, but since I didn't pay attention to the easily readable warning ... I'm thankful I took a full back up before upgrading. Smile
ASP with YAF 2.1.0
SQL Server 2012
Offline tha_watcha  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 9:41:59 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

I'm running 1.9.6.1 under the DNN version in my sig. I've been able to post and haven't had any problems yet, but since I didn't pay attention to the easily readable warning ... I'm thankful I took a full back up before upgrading. Smile

The DNN Version didn't suffer from that Problem the Problem is already fixed there.

Also as side note the Error only occurs on a New Installation on an Upgrade it works without a Problem.
thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
Zero2Cool on 4/3/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 12:54:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

The DNN Version didn't suffer from that Problem the Problem is already fixed there.

Also as side note the Error only occurs on a New Installation on an Upgrade it works without a Problem.

Is it too late to try an save face and say I knew that? Smile

Thanks for the heads up ... eases my mind a little bit. So far, everything has been good.
ASP with YAF 2.1.0
SQL Server 2012
Offline bbobb  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:56:26 PM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 279 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Data layers for MySQL, PostgreSQL and Firebird for YAF 1.9.6.1 are available in my repository by link in the signature.
Sources with YAF 1.9.6.1 slightly patched (bug fixes) version for MySQL data layer are available in Downloads section. They intended as a last resort for those who can't cope with simple replacements and YAF compiling and as a demo.

The data layers are not supported and are a third-party code from me, but if you can explain what happens in details I will fix it when I have time.Anyway you can negotiate a commersial support if you really need one of the data layers.

All data layers are distributed as a source code only.You can make your own distribution if you like it.

When to use various data layers?

MySQL data layer fits for relatively small sites.To check if it fits for your needs use YAF test data generator.
The datalayer should be upgradable from any earlier versions of my MySQL data layer.
Read manual before using it.

Firebird data layer should be checked in similar manner.

PostgreSQL data layer fits for sites with large workloads I make it for my needs so it's more cared of.

You will find a Manual folder in repository which will hopefully help you to tune it up.

Keep in mind that I use my own custom providers with UUIDs as UserKeys so use your own ASP.NET providers with integer keys - they will be faster for some data layers. YAF allows to use any provider.

Enjoy!
thanks 1 user thanked bbobb for this useful post.
squirrel on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Offline thienvc  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:07:20 PM(UTC)
thienvc

YAF-DNN-Module 1.9.6.1

Download

FILE:
mssql/procedures.sql

ERROR:
Subqueries are not allowed in this context. Only scalar expressions are allowed.

STATEMENT:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[yaf_message_save](
@TopicID int,
@UserID int,
@Message ntext,
@UserName nvarchar(255)=null,

im upgrade from 1.9.5 to 1.9.6.1-5113
How can i fix it?
Offline tha_watcha  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 11:37:21 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Originally Posted by: thienvc Go to Quoted Post
YAF-DNN-Module 1.9.6.1

Download

FILE:
mssql/procedures.sql

ERROR:
Subqueries are not allowed in this context. Only scalar expressions are allowed.

STATEMENT:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[yaf_message_save](
@TopicID int,
@UserID int,
@Message ntext,
@UserName nvarchar(255)=null,

im upgrade from 1.9.5 to 1.9.6.1-5113
How can i fix it?

I Reuploaded the Files now the procedures should be SQL 2005 compatible, please download the Package again

http://dnnyafnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/84988
Offline mika_soukhov  
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:03:32 PM(UTC)
mika_soukhov

Originally Posted by: Jaben Go to Quoted Post
KNOWN ISSUES WITH THIS RELEASE: ON INSTALL PLEASE DON'T CHECK "Upgrade BBCode Extensions...". -- Will release another final that just fixes this issue. Very sorry for the problems.

Sorry for question, but when you planning to re-upload new package?
Offline chromebuster  
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2012 10:20:09 PM(UTC)
chromebuster

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think he just uploaded, so try again.
Raeder24: The Blind Access and Support Network, we are for accessibility in technology and tech support. Founded in 2008.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 5:02:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

ASP with YAF 2.1.0
SQL Server 2012
thanks 1 user thanked Zero2Cool for this useful post.
Jaben on 6/30/2012(UTC)
Offline mtbvfr  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:12:55 PM(UTC)
mtbvfr

Has the issue, noted in the first post, been resolved?

If not, this should also be noted on the Download page (http://yetanotherforum.net/download.aspx).

This information should also be added to the ReadMe files of this release.

Whilst, you're modifying the Download page, you should remove the text that says "It's simple to install and ready to run." because it's certainly not Simple.

Thank you, Michael

Edited by user Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:28:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ReadMe files

Rss Feed  Atom Feed