squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader Topic Starter
2011-05-02T01:00:57Z
Running v1.9.5.5 BETA (1/13/2011) against Win2003 and SQL2005 --

Question is:

When are access masks checked for a user account? We tried to enable Upload rights to our registered members via the Access Masks page, then cleared the cache, restarted the application, and even restarted the web server, and for some reason, members still do not see the option to "Attach Files to Post" when they are on the edit screen. If I create a new user, they have the ability to upload.

I also asked several members to logout and back in (recreating their login cookie) and they still say they cannot upload. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-05-02T07:40:37Z
You should empty ActiveAccess table to be sure. The problem with automatic resetting is solved in the current 1.9.5.6 svn code. If it doesn't help please report it. Access Rights are critical for the application and it should be figured out if it takes place.
Zero2Cool
2011-06-09T01:27:19Z
Damn, I should have read around first. I've been testing this same issue with several browsers, operating systems and restarting this that clearing cache on here and there, lol.

I'm really looking forward to the next release, can't wait for that beast!

Edit,
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

You should empty ActiveAccess table to be sure. The problem with automatic resetting is solved in the current 1.9.5.6 svn code. If it doesn't help please report it. Access Rights are critical for the application and it should be figured out if it takes place.

Fixed my problem.
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader Topic Starter
2011-06-09T03:17:34Z
I never replied back but it solved ours too --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.