f0zzyNUE
  •  f0zzyNUE
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2010-10-19T13:55:35Z
hi,

whenever i try to insert an image that has a filename which does not end in .jpg, .gif, .png etc. the image tag does not work. the url is not replaced and you can see the img tag as well as the url but not the image as intended.

the problem is with dynamic images where the image is retrieved from a database (e.g. you try to insert an image which has been attached to a post within the text /resource.ashx?i=78)

is this a feature to check the replacement text or a bug?

cheers
CHris
Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-10-19T14:23:39Z
f0zzyNUE wrote:

hi,

whenever i try to insert an image that has a filename which does not end in .jpg, .gif, .png etc. the image tag does not work. the url is not replaced and you can see the img tag as well as the url but not the image as intended.


YAF restricts some types of images in somw places by some reasons. What type of images and where?
You can still attach every type of image to posts.

f0zzyNUE wrote:


the problem is with dynamic images where the image is retrieved from a database (e.g. you try to insert an image which has been attached to a post within the text /resource.ashx?i=78)

is this a feature to check the replacement text or a bug?

cheers
CHris


I can retrieve it without problems. YAF is not an image gallery and images can't be accessed directly. What do you mean exactly?
f0zzyNUE
  •  f0zzyNUE
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2010-10-20T10:37:22Z
bbobb wrote:

f0zzyNUE wrote:

hi,

whenever i try to insert an image that has a filename which does not end in .jpg, .gif, .png etc. the image tag does not work. the url is not replaced and you can see the img tag as well as the url but not the image as intended.


YAF restricts some types of images in somw places by some reasons. What type of images and where?
You can still attach every type of image to posts.

f0zzyNUE wrote:


the problem is with dynamic images where the image is retrieved from a database (e.g. you try to insert an image which has been attached to a post within the text /resource.ashx?i=78)

is this a feature to check the replacement text or a bug?

cheers
CHris


I can retrieve it without problems. YAF is not an image gallery and images can't be accessed directly. What do you mean exactly?



o.k. i attach an image as post attachment - a thumbnail is created - but i want to embed the attached image in full size within the post by using the img-tag. that does not work. the post contains the plain img-tag and the image url.
this is desireable when the image to display cannot be uploaded to another place in the internet and referenced by the filename. instead the url of the attached image is used and this is the /resource.ashx?i=78 dynamic url which does not work within the img tag.
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-10-20T11:33:50Z
I see 😞 . I checked IPB. It seems they have dynamic links to gallery images too(2.x).
The issue is a tricky one and maybe it will be in the next YAF versions.

MJFarmgirl
2013-06-28T23:16:48Z
Like so, right?
Test Upload

Display this original size (or at a maximum size for the layout); and then offer an "insert into post" option vs "attach file" when uploading the image, and that would be all I had been looking for.

It looks like that would need to be achieved via AJAX, though, in order to not jump to a separate page and have to keep going back and forth to insert multiple images, esp for working with the available text editors like tinyMCE.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved