dillegummin
Hi guys,

I have lurked around the forums to try to get some information on how to solve this issue. And I have found some posts that have touched on this issue, tried it, but failed miserably.

So what am I trying to do.

Well, first I have been using a YAF since 2005 for a WoW guild. It's been running without any huge problems all this time. On a MS SQL 2000 server. Current version running is 1.9.3. Now however, I need to get the thing up and running on a MS SQL 2008 server, and at the same time upgrade to YAF-v1.9.5-RC1.

What I did was make a Database on the SQL2008 with the same name as the one on the SQL2000. I backed up the SQL2000, and restored it to the empty SQL2008.

Everything is fine.

Now, when I go through the installation prosess it times out on the "Initialize/Upgrade Database" each time.

I tried downloading the SRC code change and compile it according to this post , but I still get the same timeout.

Request timed out. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

Any ideas what is going tits up here? ๐Ÿ˜•
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Quote:

I tried downloading the SRC code change and compile it according to this post, but I still get the same timeout.

The error you got is different you need to increase the execution Timeout of your application inside your web.config.

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="28192" ๐Ÿ…ฑexecutionTimeout="6000"[/b] requestLengthDiskThreshold="18192" />

http://msdn.microsoft.co...us/library/e1f13641.aspx 

P.S: I added a new app.config setting to configure the SqlTimeout Value.
UserPostedImage
dillegummin
Cheers tha_watcha!

I will give it a shot.
dillegummin
That worked mate, thanks!

Now I have a different problem. I get the:

Failure:
There's been a system error processing your request. Please contact the forum admin explaining what you were doing when it happened.

I am using MD5 in the defaultProvider. Changing it back to default SHA1 will of course just give wrong user name and password.

Any takers on how to fix this one? ๐Ÿ˜Š
Mek
Are you using SQl2000 or is your database in sql 2000 compatibility by any chance? If so; ensure its in 2005 or 2008
UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon ๐Ÿ™‚ )
dillegummin
Mek wrote:

Are you using SQl2000 or is your database in sql 2000 compatibility by any chance? If so; ensure its in 2005 or 2008

Hi Mek,

My original database is SQL 2000. I have done a backup of this one and restored it to a SQL 2008 (A new installation and instance on the same server). Right now the database is set to 2008 compatibility level. I have tried running it in 2005 and 2000 as well but I get the same error. It seems to be something with the membership database.

I am going to try to do this on a brand new server home too, just to see if I get the same problem.
dillegummin
Just to conclude this topic if others have the same problem.

It was me not including the hashHex="true" hashCase="upper" in the membership settings in the web.config.

Once this was in place it was working like a charm.

Oh and thanks again to the dev team for this version. I love YAF! ๐Ÿ˜
Mek
Doh, should have twigged that one as the membership settings are all my fault :p

Glad you got it sorted, happy yafing.

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon ๐Ÿ™‚ )
dillegummin
Mek wrote:

Doh, should have twigged that one as the membership settings are all my fault :p

Glad you got it sorted, happy yafing.

Well, it was a stupid mistake from me. You do inform us to merge the settings if you run on a database from earlier versions.

I finally donated some money for you guys too. And I encourage everyone to do so in order to keep this project going. It´s nice to have a .NET forum that can compete to all those PHP projects.

The last version simply rocks!

Keep it up guys. ๐Ÿ˜