Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jaben  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:43:46 AM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 347 time(s) in 197 post(s)
YAF v1.9.4 RC4 (Dated: 6/22/2010)

v1.9.4 is .NET v3.5 SP1 ONLY!

This Release Candidate fixes a big issue with fresh installations failing completely. It also adds improved speed for larger forums by only pulling required post text.

This release would not have been possible without all the wonderful YAF developers! ThumpUp

Note: In v1.9.4 the AppSettings have changed! YAF.Root is now YAF.AppRoot! There is a new AppSetting: YAF.FileRoot which defaults to AppRoot but can be set to something different if desired. Also added is BaseUrlMask which is the server value override for all external links (e.g. links from emails, etc.). Read the included app.config file comments for more information.

Note: In v1.9.4, the name of the upload folder has changed! Rename from "upload" to "uploads"!

Languages
Languages may be out of date to the latest in english.xml. Help with this is appreciated.

Contributing to YAF
How can you support YAF, you ask? Just help a bit. Test the software and post bugs. Answer a few questions on this forum for other, less knowledgeable, YAF admins. If you really want to go crazy, write a little documentation in the wiki...

Bug/Issue Tracking
YAF now has proper bug tracking thanks to another excellent open source .NET project: BugNET. Please use the tracker to for issues: http://tracker.yetanotherforum.net/
If you want to discuss a possible issue, please post the discussion in this forum: http://forum.yetanotherf...2_Bugs-and-Problems.aspx

Web Application Project
Yes folks, the project is WAP again. Due to general development direction and demand, we're back to Web Application Project.

DNN Module
DNN Module is done. Thank you balbes for all your DNN expertise! Just download it and install into DNN. The YAF module takes care of almost all the details. Take a look here: http://dnn.yetanotherforum.net Grab the source here: https://yafdotnet.svn.so.../yafdotnet/trunk/yaf_dnn

API Documentation
YafAPIDocumentation.chm is the compiled docs for the YAF v1.9.4 beta API. It provides a nice way to search or lookup related classes. Currently, it's rather limited as real API documentation is very time consuming (e.g. examples, "see also"Wink. It will be evolving over time.

Compiling
If you do want to compile the source, please download Visual Studio 2010 Express.

SRC: Includes the compiled forum and forum page files with full source and binaries for NET v3.5 SP1.
BIN: Includes the compiled forum and forum page files without the source for NET v3.5 SP1.

YAF-v1.9.4-RC4-SRC.zip
YAF-v1.9.4-RC4-BIN.zip
Latest YAF.DotNetNuke.Module.zip

Edited by user Monday, June 28, 2010 12:39:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked Jaben for this useful post.
SaiDon on 6/17/2010(UTC), doxa123 on 6/17/2010(UTC), Kamyar on 6/17/2010(UTC), herman_herman on 6/18/2010(UTC), FrankLu on 6/19/2010(UTC), logan on 6/22/2010(UTC), tha_watcha on 6/23/2010(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline SaiDon  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:51:26 AM(UTC)
SaiDon

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Very Happy I am waiting RC3, thanks
Offline tha_watcha  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:51:41 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 856 post(s)
As Always here is my Advanced DotNetNuke Module Version

YAF-DNN5-Module 1.9.4.0 RC4 SVN Rev 3454
Main Features of My Module
- Starts Installation Automatically when Adding YAF Module the first time to a Page
- Contains all web.config Entries for Install AND Uninstall (You only have to change the Config password and the SQL Connection string)
- Contains Uninstall Script for the SQL (For all YAF Tables, Procedurs, etc.)
- Support For the ISearchable Interface (You can search the Forum thru the DNN Search)
- Contains a Scheduler to automatically Import all Users of your Portal to the Forum
- All Urls Are Human Friendly
- YAF Language will be inherit from Current DNN Language
- Readme Included
- My Color-Grey Themes (6 Different Colors) are included

Download Source and Install Package

Edited by user Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:42:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
Jaben on 6/17/2010(UTC), Kamyar on 6/17/2010(UTC), Boskone on 6/18/2010(UTC)
Offline doxa123  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:39:31 PM(UTC)
doxa123

Man
Turkey

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
thanks a lot for your works !
Running YAF.NET v2.0 Final at: http://www.dilliduduk.com

.net 4.5.1 & MVC 5 Razor Support Hosting: http://hosting.7renk.net
Offline Skiltz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:33:10 PM(UTC)
Skiltz

Jaben wrote:

It also adds improved speed for larger forums by only pulling required post text.

Hi Jaben I just tested this out and I didn't noticed any speed difference, actually I beleive its slower with this release. Let know if you want me to provide anything happy to help out where I can.

Offline bbobb  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 1:02:47 AM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 248 post(s)
The paging can be moved to data layer.
The problem is that to make it universal Sql Server 2005 is required, we can't make smth. like SELECT TOP number * FROM ... in 2000, the 'number' should be a constant. The sp should be cached anyway and this can't be implemented as a dynamic query.
In 2000 terms it can be done, but the number of posts should be discrete like 5, 10, 20 and a last messageid on a page as a start point.

Offline jgonell  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 9:22:33 AM(UTC)
jgonell

thanks fellas, makes moving off SMF alot easier..
Offline FrankLu  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2010 10:02:58 AM(UTC)
FrankLu

Good job,Thanks!!!
Offline Skiltz  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:16:06 PM(UTC)
Skiltz

bbobb any chance of point in the right direction of what files and sp's would need updating??

Thanks.
Offline bbobb  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 3:22:46 AM(UTC)
bbobb

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 248 post(s)
All the core functionality is here
sp post_list
pages/posts.aspx
But the feature is a rather complex one.
It requres some thanks feature modification too.
I don't know what Jaben thinks about it, but if you'll implement the core db paging functionality I could do the rest, when I have time, currently I don't have it, as I need speed boost for other data layers and it can be published as a community modification in any case.
Offline Jaben  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:12:35 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Skiltz wrote:
Jaben wrote:

It also adds improved speed for larger forums by only pulling required post text.

Hi Jaben I just tested this out and I didn't noticed any speed difference, actually I beleive its slower with this release. Let know if you want me to provide anything happy to help out where I can.

What is slower? The post_list call?
Offline Skiltz  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:59:51 PM(UTC)
Skiltz

Correct, the rendering of posts.
Offline Jaben  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:07:18 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Can you post a screen shot of sproc times again? The more information, the better.
Offline Skiltz  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:56:14 PM(UTC)
Skiltz

RC3 Doesn't show me a breakdown only the page loading time. AM running in debug mode.

ohh need to be logged in...flag that!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:57:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Skiltz  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:02:20 PM(UTC)
Skiltz

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed  Atom Feed