juju
  •  juju
  • 72.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2011-06-07T02:30:25Z
I am a fan of YAF. And I would like to see YAF dominate the forum application scene. I believe that in order for yaf to be at par with other forum applications, it should be able to cope up with the latest trends of forum user behaviour. I would like to suggest these are the lastest clamor for feature request in other software:

hide-thanks:
the ability to hide certain parts of the post using a hide bbcode and requires the user to click the thanks button for the content to be shown. This is very useful for topic staters to monitor how popular their post is. (i think this is already in svn but i can't seem to get to work)

hide-thanks-post-cnt (hide-thanks-post-count):
requires the user to have at least an n number of post before they have access to the hidden content. A feature that appeals to forum administrators as well as topic starters. This promotes loyalty to the forum by participating more in topics rather than just being a spectator.

This feature may be a factor to a successful forum community as other users will see how active the user base are. On a side note, this may also promote rubbish post as users will be aiming to get their post count high, the next suggested feature will elliminate this.

hide-thanks-count:
requires the users to have at least n number of thanks recieved before the hidden content is seen. Simply put, all posts will be useful and will promote community discussion.

I mean, if Jaben will require at least three thanks for his content about "steps in integrating yaf into your site", i will gladly search the forum for other users seeking for help and answer them in any capacity that i can just to get a precious "thanks". I might be requesting for complete strangers for an add to buddy list just have a thanks, or even connive with other users to send me a thanks. In any case, I am promoting traffic and interaction to the forum - what every forum administrator is hoping to acheive.

Other forum software even considers this a "hack" as they call it because it is not readily available out of the box.

These are just my two-cents. If anybody likes this post, please send me a thanks.
hmmmm.... click thanks if my posts are useful
Sponsor
reeseramon
2011-06-10T11:10:38Z
🙂 thanks
which website you like best? best websites 
juju
  •  juju
  • 72.2% (Friendly)
2011-06-11T08:37:16Z
wow, i got a thanks from the Head Dude himself.. and also from reesamon.. lucky day I guess.
tha_watcha
2011-06-11T16:32:49Z
Ok i am currently finishing the coding, but here is a list of the bbcodes i will add

GROUP HIDE
Description: Hide the Content from Guests, or other Roles if defined.
Sample

HIDE - Formerly it was Called HIDDEN
Description: The tag hides content from people until they press the thank you button for the post.
Sample

HIDE-THANKS
Description: The tag hides content from people who have below X thanks received.
Sample

[HIDE-THANKS=20]The tag hides content from people who have below 20 thanks received.[/HIDE]

HIDE-POSTS
Description: The tag hides content from people who have below X posts.
Sample

HIDE-REPLY
Description: The tag hides content from people until they replied in the same thread.
Sample

HIDE-REPLY-THANKS
Description: The tag hides content from people until they either reply in the same thread or press the thank you button for the post.
Sample

UserPostedImage
juju
  •  juju
  • 72.2% (Friendly)
2011-06-11T16:48:42Z
wow. that was fast. now lets show em who got the best forum software. tha_watcha - ur the best. i'll watch for this on SVN... cmon guys show some gratitute and hit the thanks button.

soooo coool...
tha_watcha
2011-06-11T17:06:37Z
Files are now in svn #4975

Still not sure what is the better solution the info text message or the image
tha_watcha attached the following image(s):

UserPostedImage
juju
  •  juju
  • 72.2% (Friendly)
2011-06-11T17:16:53Z
i can't wait to try this... happy days indeed

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.