midwestSS
2009-09-29T08:40:24Z
sorry, but another issue in 1.9.4..
this is from my restored database, did the 'install' process
i can log in, post, etc.. but look at what happens when i look at a post with attachments? I checked and verified they are in the database
midwestSS attached the following image(s):
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-09-30T18:32:01Z
Interesting... any chance you could send me a copy of this DB? If so, email me directly at support@yetanotherforum.net
midwestSS
2009-09-30T22:15:45Z
midwestSS
2009-10-07T12:13:00Z
ok i found this error in the event log..make sense to anyone?

Event code: 3007 
Event message: A compilation error has occurred. 
Event time: 10/7/2009 11:07:14 AM 
Event time (UTC): 10/7/2009 4:07:14 PM 
Event ID: 817c90d55a4d4226b52a0dcc61ec6318 
Event sequence: 71 
Event occurrence: 13 
Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/forum-8-128994049433906250 
    Trust level: Full 
    Application Virtual Path: /forum 
    Application Path: Z:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forum\ 
    Machine name:  

Process information: 
    Process ID: 432 
    Process name: w3wp.exe 
    Account name:  

Exception information: 
    Exception type: HttpCompileException 
    Exception message: z:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forum\resource.ashx(486): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'YafContext' does not exist in the namespace 'YAF.Classes.Utils' (are you missing an assembly reference?) 

Request information: 
    Request URL: http:/local/forum/resource.ashx?u=3 
    Request path: /forum/resource.ashx 
    User host address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    User: user
    Is authenticated: True 
    Authentication Type: Forms 
    Thread account name: 

Thread information: 
    Thread ID: 5 

Is impersonating: False 
    Stack trace:    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.PostProcessFoundBuildResult(BuildResult result, Boolean keyFromVPP, VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetBuildResultFromCacheInternal(String cacheKey, Boolean keyFromVPP, VirtualPath virtualPath, Int64 hashCode)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultFromCacheInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
   at System.Web.UI.SimpleHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

midwestSS
2009-10-07T12:20:44Z
i think my image\ uploaded image problem MIGHT be that my 1.9.3 forum is using the mod to display these. It had to be compiled into yaf.controls.dll i think.. and the 1.9.4 beta may not be using the same modification?? im guessing and grasping at straws on this one.
other than a few missing issues on the admin interface pages, this is the biggest pain in my side with the beta at this point.
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-10-07T12:52:21Z
Admin interface pages?
midwestSS
2009-10-07T12:57:28Z
Jaben wrote:

Admin interface pages?

yeah the missing 'banned ip' and 'replace words' sections.
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-10-07T13:20:45Z
Fixed in the latest beta which will be released this week.
midwestSS
2009-10-07T13:21:27Z
Excellent! Hopefully my image display issue would be fixed then.
midwestSS
2009-10-07T16:20:20Z

im an idiot.. you have to have the resource.ashx in the ROOT of the site.. for example, if you're in site.com/forum , the resource.ashx must be in the site.com folder
like inetpub/wwwroot/forum the resource.ashx file must be in the wwwroot folder, even if all the rest of your files are in the /forum directory.
i think i got it workin now...

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.