RickshawDriver
2009-08-03T15:46:20Z
When the value of the xhtmlConformance is changed in the web config to "Strict" from "Transitional" this bug shows itself.

Error: 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_forum_ctl01_scrollLeft' is null or not an object

I am using master pages as you can probably tell by the ContentPlaceHolder portion of the error. I will be happy to provide any other information from logs, etc if it will help.
RickshawDriver
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-08-04T20:41:11Z
Thanks for the bug report... I'll try to reproduce.

EDIT: Cannot seem to reproduce. Seems like it might be an incompatibility with your master page setup.


AdamWillden
2009-11-10T05:47:32Z
Sorry to dig this up but I also have this problem in IE

checking on web developer in IE8 (using all modes: 7, 8 and 8 computability mode)

function yaf_GetForm() doesn't return the form as its supposed to so the function below doesn't work because cForm is not defined. Its should be simple code and so I doubt its a masterPage problem.

  function yaf_SmartScroller_Scroll()
  {
    var cForm = yaf_GetForm();
    var x = cForm.ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_mainContentPlaceHolder_yafForum_ctl01_scrollLeft.value;
    var y = cForm.ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_mainContentPlaceHolder_yafForum_ctl01_scrollTop.value;
		if (x || y) window.scrollTo(x, y);
		if (oldOnLoad != null) oldOnLoad();
  }

I'll try and look into this more as to why the form isn't returned properly but right now I have a lecture. I'm quite proficient at JS.

Can I ask what the scroller thing is and whether it can be simply disabled for now to remove this error.
AdamWillden
2009-11-11T08:12:34Z
I did some JS debugging in IE this is the code causing the error by not returning theform:

  function yaf_GetForm()
  {
    var theform;
    if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("microsoft") > -1)
    {
	  theform = document.aspnetForm;
    }
    else {
	  theform = document.forms["aspnetForm"];
    }
    return theform;
  }

Could you show me the file this code comes from?

I'm fairly sure that rather than testing for microsoft you should test for the "document.aspnetForm" or at least I read that it's better practice to do it this way. I tested the code below in the debugger and it returned the form using "document.forms["aspnetForm"];" (which I know is odd cause its IE)

  function yaf_GetForm()
  {
    var theform;
    if (document.aspnetForm)
    {
	  theform = document.aspnetForm;
    }
    else {
	  theform = document.forms["aspnetForm"];
    }
    return theform;
  }

This support forum doesn't seem to have the JS which causes the error.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved