annotoole
  •  annotoole
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-07-29T14:37:40Z
YAF is the first forum I have seen with "points" in addition to post counts.

What is the purpose of points?
Why do points drop? posting too much?
what causes points to go negative.

I have many curious forum members and I have been unable to find much of an explanation.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-07-29T16:06:17Z
The points system will be replaced at some point with a suitable karma system, and something that is customisable.
As it stands points drop when a topic or message is deleted. If a topic is deleted something like -100 points will get deducted. You'll get +3 points for a new topic, +1 for a new post or something to that effect.
I'd disable it and wait for a new system to take its place.

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
annotoole
  •  annotoole
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-07-29T16:17:10Z
Mek wrote:

The points system will be replaced at some point with a suitable karma system, and something that is customisable.
As it stands points drop when a topic or message is deleted. If a topic is deleted something like -100 points will get deducted. You'll get +3 points for a new topic, +1 for a new post or something to that effect.
I'd disable it and wait for a new system to take its place.

Thanks Mek!