gedavies
  •  gedavies
  • 57.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-07-22T06:08:55Z
Hey Guys,

It's not a massive problem, but the replace words on our forum isn't inserting the goodwords, it's just removing the badword and leaving a blanc space e.g.

You are a [Bad Word]

is being displayed as

You are a

I have tried entering different good words, but they're still not being inserted where the bad word was removed. I am using version 1.9.3 FINAL. If any of you guys have any ideas it would be great. Thanks
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-07-22T08:44:46Z
What did you enter for the good word? I tested... am not having any issues with bad word replace.
gedavies
  •  gedavies
  • 57.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-07-22T08:51:57Z
Hello Jaben,

Thanks once again for the fast reply, I have tried a few variations on a word "censored" "CENSORED" "[CENSORED]" and none were working for me.

I have tried placing the banned words between acceptable words when posting (on a replace words test forum), to test if it was affecting the post as a whole but this returned all acceptable words with a blanc space where the bad word was removed e.g.

Hello you [BAD WORD] I really don't like you

was replaced with

Hello you I really don't like you

I'm not sure what could be the cause of this, as I've said it's not a big problem as the bad words are being removed. I am not receiving any sort of error when displaying the pages either.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.