TheNerd
  •  TheNerd
  • 66.8% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2009-07-18T21:47:12Z
Hey Guys

I know the most common cause of the host admin area not appearing is that yoiur account is not IsHostAdmin. However, my account has this flag set (flag = 3 in the yaf_user table).

I am running YAF 1.9.3 in DotNetNuke 4.9.4.

When I hack the code to force it to show by setting the PMTabs control style to Visibility: visible; I can see everything, except the tabs are unclickable and appear as a run together blob of text.

Am I missing some CSS, javascript or something?? This is killing me as YAF is an awesome system and I would really like to use it as opposed to the crappy built in DNN forums....

please help!

Nerd...
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-07-21T15:20:57Z
Probably, I'm working on the code right now to fix.
TheNerd
  •  TheNerd
  • 66.8% (Friendly)
2009-07-21T15:24:48Z
Thanks Jaben. You guys are absolutely awesome! The software is incredible. Thank you for your time and effort!
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-07-22T08:46:21Z
Try the updated DNN code (attached).

EDIT: Removed... Try this: http://forum.yetanotherf...AF-19306-DNN-Module.aspx 
TheNerd
  •  TheNerd
  • 66.8% (Friendly)
2009-07-22T20:59:56Z
After adding those files to my dev site I get:

Could not load file or assembly 'YAF.Classes.Config, Version=1.9.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8b49dc47f4701f66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-07-23T01:08:14Z
I'll go ahead and recompile so that won't be needed.
TheNerd
  •  TheNerd
  • 66.8% (Friendly)
2009-08-02T16:13:08Z
Hey Jaben, Any movement on this?

Just as an FYI, we are going to use YAF on our site, www.thebestdamnpoll.com  - a large college football poll site that has recently garnered a lot of attention from the BCS, and now, from the NFL. This will be a great opportunity for the YAF board system to get a lot of exposure. Currently, this tab problem seems to be the only hold up from me pushing forward with it (that and I need to write DB scripts to migrate the DNN built in forum posts over to the YAF data structure).

I love the software and I'm very impressed with its capabilities.

Thanks!

TheNerd
TheNerd
  •  TheNerd
  • 66.8% (Friendly)
2009-08-11T08:17:37Z
It looks like you guys are busy - since the update you provided isn't operational, we're going to try a new route. I'm going to go back to the original source and remove the ajax tab controls and replace them with Telerik tab controls and see how that works. Is there any reason you can see that I should not try this?

That's the one and only problem so far that seems to be plaguing the code base.

Thanks

TheNerd
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-08-11T14:08:17Z
Sorry about that TheNerd -- I'm currently getting better at putting things on my list. Another option that the project would use is converting them to jQuery UI Tabs.

That will be the route that YAF will go, actually: http://jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/ 

Please contact me directly at support@yetanotherforum.net to discuss a bit more if desired.