lukyllegend
2009-02-11T10:29:53Z
Hi,
I am having some uploading attachment issues when we try it on our web server, I have given it full access and everything but it will still say on the upload page after i select a file to upload "Access to the path c:inetpub\wwwroot\ESP\upload\8.013.jpg is denied."
We are using .NET 2.0, locally it works fine though.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Sponsor
mddubs
2009-02-11T11:23:17Z
You need to give users write permission to the upload directory, through IIS or what have you.
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
lukyllegend
2009-02-11T11:30:55Z
I have given full access to the main directory and to the upload directory and it still is saying that it does not have access, I have allowed it through IIS and through explorer
mddubs
2009-02-11T11:34:00Z
If you're hosting this yourself or you have direct access to the IIS settings, I believe you need to give write permission to Anonymous Users.

Don't quote me on that, I'm hosted on DiscountASP.NET and it just works.

EDIT: Permissioning may be one of those things where you must reset IIS to make sure the changes go through.
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
lukyllegend
2009-02-11T11:40:19Z
Ahh thank you for your help I appreciate it, :-d