juanp2
  •  juanp2
  • 62% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-10-13T00:31:37Z
I'm a little new to some areas of YAF so I'm not *positive* this is a bug. Could be a RTFM error.

I'm trying to open the admin_hostsettings, but first I can't find a link anywhere to it. I don't recall maybe this a part of the install only?

If I rig the URL to open admin_hostsettings, I recieve an "Access Denied". The user I am using is has administrator access in YAF. Shouldn't an admin be able to access this page?
Sponsor
test2005
2008-10-13T23:57:16Z

It should, yes :P

Try adding a new Admin user. If it works, dive into the user tables and compare the settings. Maybe something got dropped.

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-10-14T00:18:04Z
Only the "Host Admin" can access the Host Settings. Doesn't look like that admin user has Host Admin rights.
juanp2
  •  juanp2
  • 62% (Friendly)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-10-14T20:14:13Z
Jaben wrote:

Only the "Host Admin" can access the Host Settings. Doesn't look like that admin user has Host Admin rights.

You are right on there. Just finished tracing through code to find a 'isHostAdmin' which is different than an administrator. And got here proud of figuring out the issue only to see you already answered the question. :oops:

Only issue is there is no way to add someone to the hostadmin. I think I might have deleted some role or profile while trying to figure out the relinking probem I'm having. I'll reinstall YAF in a new db and see what comes out of it and do a comparison.

I'm definitely learning the YAF code though... bit by bit.
test2005
2008-10-15T03:45:11Z
juanp2 wrote:

...there is no way to add someone to the hostadmin...

This isn't a role, but a user. Edit the user and select "Host Admin". They ahould also be a member of the "Administrator" group.

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.