corbybender
2008-08-17T08:40:39Z
I'm trying to install Yaf on a godaddy shared hosting account and am getting an error.

I've followed all the instructions from the install.txt file, have the proper server, database name, login and password, but I am getting this error:

Connection failed. Modify Web.config and try again.
The error message was:
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I have Google bombed the error but to no avail...

I have tried a couple of variations on the connection string, but no luck.
<add name="GoDaddy" connectionString="Data Source=p41mysql85.secureserver.net; Port=3306; Database=XXXX; User ID=XXXX; password=XXXX; timeout=90;" />
<add name="GoDaddy2" connectionString="Data Source=p41mysql85.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=XXXX;User ID=XXXX;Password=XXXX;Persist Security Info=True;Trusted_Connection=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

Everything I've tried, I end up with the same error message. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm pulling my hair out over this today...hours of dev time wasted because the Install script won't run from the browser.

Thanks all in advance!
-Corby-
Sponsor

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.