demione
  •  demione
  • 54.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-08-14T11:20:08Z
I wrote a game for the iPhone called "Trism". It's currently one of the most popular games on the iTunes AppStore.

Trism uses online scoring, with a complete backend similar to XBox Live Arcade. You can create an account on your iPhone, which doubles as a forum account. You can use this account to submit scores, compare achievements, and talk with other players online.

I chose YAF.NET as the forum software and have done some heavy modifications to the data model & pages to accomodate the game. For example, I added a webservice for creating accounts, submitting scores, and downloading user data. I also added a number of pages to the profile and admin sections for dealing with scores and achievements.

Check it out here 

The forum has been online for about a month and currently has 14,600 members. All in all I'd say the software is a little quirky but has scaled well, easily managing all the growth.

Thanks for creating YAF.NET!
Sponsor
ash360
2008-08-14T12:27:57Z
awesome

the additions you have , like the scores and achivments is excellent

good job man , the website and the forum design is excellent too

14,600 in a month thats a record
your game must be excellent then , having all those members

Visit my Forums: FORUMZ360.com 
test2005
2008-08-15T00:35:51Z

A very nice deployment. Ditto Ash's comments on the extra's added. Very cool!

Great job!

:)
.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
xb90
  •  xb90
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2008-09-11T09:30:27Z
Very slick and cool/clean design. The light text colors against the dark background are very readable and easy on the eyes.
Wow - Great Job!