Yafposter
  •  Yafposter
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-08-06T05:29:05Z

Hi,
I'm currently working on a site that uses your forum software.
I noticed in the default.aspx page there's a comment that says

<!-- If you don't want the forum to set the page title, you can remove runat and id -->

The current page title is 'Home'. I have 3 questions I hope you can help me with.

1. How can I change this?

2. Can I do it without removing runat and ID

3. and where does the 'Home' come from.

thanks,
Michael.
Sponsor
ash360
2008-08-06T06:38:26Z
do you mean you want to change the title to your own title ?? and do you dont want to change the original line ??
do the following:
make the original title line as a comment by adding <!-- --> , so it will look like this:
<!-- <title runat="server" id="ForumTitle">This title is overwritten</title> -->

then add this line below it with your own title:

<title>YOUR OWN TITLE GOES HERE</title>

now i dont know where the title home came form , but look for it in the html code between <title> tags and remove it, maybe if you where using frontpage or expression web and changed the title of the page using menus or right click on the page > properties , it will add the name you entered to the title tag , it also dose that when u save the page using SAVE AS and adding a new title.

Visit my Forums: FORUMZ360.com 
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-08-07T16:41:45Z
Not sure there is a "Home" in YAF. Maybe you're using DNN?
Yafposter
  •  Yafposter
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-08-07T21:47:36Z
ok maybe I should start with asking, where is the page title set,
Is it ForumPage.cs?

Now how can I set the title for the home page, and let yetanotherforum determine the titles for all the other pages?

cheers.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.