tonyatl
  •  tonyatl
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2020-06-17T04:46:40Z
I have created several categories which do not display on the home page of the stand alone version of the latest yaf. They appear in the admin console, but when I navigate to the home page, I only see 3 categories. when I tried to collapse category containers to see if more would appear, I could only collapse one container, and then not be able to expand it. the settings option under Admin usually does not activate - I can't activate its submenu. Refreshing the page does not help. I am using Edge.

Is there a way to see all of the created categories - preferably through pagination? Is there a category display limit which I have not encountered? I suspect that there is nothing I can do about the unresponsive menus.

PS - clicking on Admin Index and then clicking Settings will permit its submenu to display. It would be nice if that 2 step were not required.
Sponsor
tonyatl
  •  tonyatl
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2020-06-17T04:51:20Z
I believe that the categories which did not display did not do so because they had no forums. I am still exploring this issue.
tha_watcha
2020-06-17T06:08:28Z
Originally Posted by: tonyatl 

I believe that the categories which did not display did not do so because they had no forums. I am still exploring this issue.

Correct, Categories will only be displayed if they have an forum

UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
2020-06-17T06:10:49Z
Originally Posted by: tonyatl 

PS - clicking on Admin Index and then clicking Settings will permit its submenu to display. It would be nice if that 2 step were not required.

Looks like a Js issue. In the browser console are you getting any Java Script errors?

UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.