tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-07-24T14:19:39Z
Me and the users of our forum can't upload files. We open the file upload dialog, select the required files to upload, click the 'Start upload(s)' button - and nothing happens except clearing the list of uploaded files.
Running YAF 2.2.5 you provided.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2019-07-24T17:36:15Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

Me and the users of our forum can't upload files. We open the file upload dialog, select the required files to upload, click the 'Start upload(s)' button - and nothing happens except clearing the list of uploaded files.
Running YAF 2.2.5 you provided.



Check brower error console are there any JavaScript errors?

Also are you using the recommended.web.config?


UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-07-25T06:18:52Z
It seems we can't upload attachments only in PMs - all is ok in the normal post reply form.
In PMs, the console error log is empty.

As for recommended.web.config, we are using an earlier version of it with our custom settings for SMTP, DB settings and password, and the like. Can you tell us which parameters may affect the upload functionality so we'll check them?
tha_watcha
2019-07-25T08:45:18Z
I remember the issue with attachments in private messages was fixed in yaf 2.24.15.

Are you using the latest version 2.24.17?
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-07-26T05:58:50Z
As I wrote in my very first post in this thread, my YAF engine reports the version 2.2.5.
tha_watcha
2019-07-26T15:27:43Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

As I wrote in my very first post in this thread, my YAF engine reports the version 2.2.5.



Sorry, but it appears that is showing the wrong version.

It will be fixed with the next update.

The latest version was released April 21. When was the last time you upgraded?

UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-07-27T08:22:39Z
I can't recall. It seems, it was in may - around May 10th. And as I remember, I used the v2.2.4.16 sources.

BTW, the upload engine started working properly suddenly. On my side and on the computers of my customers.
tha_watcha
2019-07-28T10:45:36Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

I can't recall. It seems, it was in may - around May 10th. And as I remember, I used the v2.2.4.16 sources.

BTW, the upload engine started working properly suddenly. On my side and on the computers of my customers.



I guess because now the browser cache was cleared or expired 😉


UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-07-29T07:06:47Z
Does it make any sense to upgrade to the v2.2.4.18 to fix problems like this? Or it's better to wait for the official v2.3 release if it will see the world soon (in a month or two)?
tha_watcha
2019-07-29T12:48:21Z
The update only contains the fixed version info and the upgraded CKEditor. actually when you don't use the editor you would only need to update the bin folder to upgrade!

The version 2.3 will still take some time. But a first BETA should be ready soon
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-08-05T09:03:11Z
We are still experiencing problems with uploading allowed files in the PM editor. However, uploading files while writing normal replies work well.

Can upgrade to the v2.2.4.18 help fix this problem?
tha_watcha
2019-08-05T11:17:29Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

We are still experiencing problems with uploading allowed files in the PM editor. However, uploading files while writing normal replies work well.

Can upgrade to the v2.2.4.18 help fix this problem?



Okay it is a bug it can't work probably right now. will be fixed with the next release!

You can disable attachments uploads for now in the host settings.

UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-08-05T14:58:36Z
I didn't find such a setting. And can we disable file uploads in PMs only?
tha_watcha
2019-08-05T15:17:04Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

I didn't find such a setting. And can we disable file uploads in PMs only?



Yes its in the host settings > Attachment Settings > Allow attachments in Private Messages


UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2019-08-05T16:08:13Z
Thank you. I do not know why I overlooked this.

Please, fix the problem with uploading files to PMs in the nearest release. TIA

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved