sirmaelstrom
2014-01-31T23:07:50Z
One thing that users have noted is that when they embed images in a post, sometimes they are just too large. A lot of my users point to image resizing on vbulletin which I think is achieved through a plugin. There is a little bar above each image that lets you know it was resized to fit the page, and clicking the bar gives you the full size image.

Has anyone implemented something like this? I saw some notes pointing toward using http://imageresizing.net/  - seems possible but I'd really like something that would require very little setup.
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2014-02-01T04:30:10Z
Host Settings > Image Attachment & Resize Settings

This will resize the images users post for you. I believe this was implemented in version 2.0 so if you're not on 2.0, you will have to upgrade to get the feature.
tha_watcha
2014-02-01T11:47:02Z
Both features are already included in the latest version if you click on the image it opens in full size

test
UserPostedImage
sirmaelstrom
2014-02-03T14:49:35Z
Ok .. I wonder if maybe it's just getting overridden by html posted by the radeditor or image manager - those host settings don't seem to affect the size of pictures I'm posting.
JP
  •  JP
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader
2014-02-04T19:15:45Z
So, as Zero2Cool and w8tcha already hinted, you need to run YAF 2.0 or higher (2.1 is much better than 2.0) to have this option.

If you are running YAF 1.9.6.1 or earlier, this option with a max display size + click-to-enlarge is not available if the "Insert image" editor button is used.
In the 1.9.6.1 and earlier, you will have to tweak some CSS for "UserPostedImage" to get a max display size in the forum, but it will not be enlarged by clicking on it.

The settings in 1.9.6.1 will affect only the images posted with the "Attach" option, but not images that are linked from an external site via the "Insert image" button in the editor. In 2.x, these issues are addressed and unified so it works great in 2.1.

So - upgrade to 2.1 if possible, much new other great exciting stuff in there too - especially regarding anti-spam features and such... 😉
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
tha_watcha
2014-02-04T21:32:03Z
Originally Posted by: sirmaelstrom 

Ok .. I wonder if maybe it's just getting overridden by html posted by the radeditor or image manager - those host settings don't seem to affect the size of pictures I'm posting.

If you are using the rad editor in HTML mode the resize feature doesn't work yet, because it works only with the bbcode img tag, and not with the HTML img tag. I have to figure out a solution for that use case.
UserPostedImage
getlink
2014-02-17T07:08:24Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Host Settings > Image Attachment & Resize Settings

This will resize the images  users post for you. I believe this was implemented in version 2.0 so if you're not on 2.0, you will have to upgrade to get the feature.

thank you for pointing that out. i will immediately update my software to the 2.0 version. hope i can get both features.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.