WadeFitzgerald
2013-11-08T15:47:42Z
Hi,
After upgrading to Yaf 1.9.6, the admin and moderate links are permanently visible and anyone can access the links with full privelidges. Everyone even guests. However, once a users logs in, then they can't see this link.

Here is a bit from the web.config to help if roles or masks needs to be updated, can anyone point me to how? NewUsers is the default user that has limited access.

One thing I noticed that is different, that in order to make the 1.9.6 version work, I had to remove the .Classes from the controls and namespaces, so it may not be able to locate the default login of NewUsers. Just a guess.

Here is some of my web.config:

<system.web>

<pages enableEventValidation="false">
<!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
<controls>
<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
<add tagPrefix="umbraco" namespace="umbraco.presentation.templateControls" assembly="umbraco" />
<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
<add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" />
<add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Utils" assembly="YAF.Utils"/>
<add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Classes.Data" assembly="YAF.Classes.Data"/>
<add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Controls" assembly="YAF.Controls"/>
<add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Controls.Statistics" assembly="YAF.Controls"/>
<add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF.Classes"/>
<add tagPrefix="YAF" namespace="YAF"/>
</controls>
<namespaces>
<add namespace="YAF"/>
<add namespace="YAF.Utils"/>
<add namespace="YAF.Controls"/>
<add namespace="YAF.Classes.Data"/>
</namespaces>
</pages>

<profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="YafProfileProvider" inherits="YAF.Utils.YafUserProfile">
<providers>
<clear />
<add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafProfileProvider" type="YAF.Providers.Profile.YafProfileProvider" />
</providers>
</profile>

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="yourAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" path="/" />
</authentication>

<authorization>
<allow users="?" />
</authorization>

<!-- Membership Provider -->
<membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
<providers>
<clear />
<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Dawoe.Providers.YAFUmbracoMembership" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="ForumUser" />
<!-- <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="ForumUser" /> -->
<!--<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" /> -->
<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" />
</providers>
</membership>

<!-- added by NH to support membership providers in access layer -->
<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="UmbracoRoleProvider">
<providers>
<clear />
<add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoRoleProvider" />
</providers>
</roleManager>

<!-- Sitemap provider-->
<siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
<providers>
<clear />
<add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
</providers>
</siteMap>
</system.web>
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2013-11-08T16:17:01Z
Sounds like you have the Guest role/mask over privileged.
WadeFitzgerald
2013-11-08T16:38:09Z
Here is a view of the current setup of my access masks. Nothing has changed except YAF versions, not sure why all of a sudden current user, not logged in, acts as admin.

Access Masks
Users Roles

Thanks for helping, much appreciated.
WadeFitzgerald
2013-11-08T16:41:10Z
Also, when I click the "Export Users as XML" or "CSV" ... I get an error "No Member With Username 'Testing2' exists".

Here is a snapshot:

No Member Exists testing2
WadeFitzgerald
2013-11-08T18:36:31Z
Seems like Umbraco is not saving the profiles into the database. Every user now has a blank Group. So if they were a part of a "NewUsers" or "ForumUsers" ... they no longer are a part of this group. I can transfer the type over, but after clicking save, it won't save.

Data Types Wont Save

Has anyone experienced this with Umbraco 6.1.1 and YAF 1.9.6 R? Should I upgrade to the latest YAF to fix? Please Help!
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2013-11-08T19:28:56Z
Please, don't post the same things in several places. Users will not miss your posts.
Umbraco integration is rather complex and you will get very little replies if any.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.