Owain
  •  Owain
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2013-05-30T07:53:30Z
Hi All,

I'm new to the yaf support forums so be gentle!!

We have been using YAF for one of our forums for a while now - really great work 🙂

Recently however, there has come the need to allow guests to view the shoutbox as an incentive to join the forum. Ideally we would like to place this on some of our other websites in an iframe to accompany some streaming videos.

Question is, is there an option to show the shoutbox to non-members?

Thanks very much 🙂
Sponsor
Owain
  •  Owain
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2013-06-04T12:49:09Z
OK I got impatient and managed to do this in the source code, very easy actually! And you can also chat as a guest.

What I'm wondering now is, why is this functionality not in place, if it is so easy to implement?
Zero2Cool
2013-06-04T14:15:14Z
Originally Posted by: Owain 

OK I got impatient and managed to do this in the source code, very easy actually! And you can also chat as a guest.

What I'm wondering now is, why is this functionality not in place, if it is so easy to implement?

It might get implemented as an option if you post the easy source code edits. The developers are quite busy and this gesture could get it on the map for them.
Owain
  •  Owain
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2013-06-04T14:21:54Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It might get implemented as an option if you post the easy source code edits. The developers are quite busy and this gesture could get it on the map for them.

Of course, re-reading my post probably sounded a bit obnoxious. I was really just checking if this had been implemented at some point before and removed for some reason, because the ability to chat as a guest, and the framework that was there just seemed set up to do exactly what I needed it to.

Zero2Cool
2013-06-04T19:10:40Z
Originally Posted by: Owain 

Of course, re-reading my post probably sounded a bit obnoxious. I was really just checking if this had been implemented at some point before and removed for some reason, because the ability to chat as a guest, and the framework that was there just seemed set up to do exactly what I needed it to.

I think the option to allow/disallow Guest's from participating with the shout box would be great. I also would like the shout box to be expanded by default. (i have to point out to members quite a bit that it's there, lol)
tha_watcha
2013-06-16T07:05:54Z
In YAF 2.0 you will be able to show the shoutbox to guests.
UserPostedImage