tones
  •  tones
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2013-05-21T19:02:54Z
Hi,

YAF 2.0.0 BETA 2 - Compiled from source control: May 16 11:04 AM, changeset: dda23b9b1cd9

I just updated the forum yesterday, and now I get odd error messages from Mac users, and only from Mac users. Users with PC, Android, IPhone, IPad are ok, only MAC users are getting this error when trying to enter the forum:



Please advise!

Cheers,
/Tony
Sponsor
tones
  •  tones
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2013-05-29T13:14:41Z
If you set the user agent to iPad or any other than Mac in for example Google Chrome, it works.

What is so special with the Mac user agent setting that it prevents users from logging on?

Cheers,
/Tony
tones
  •  tones
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2013-06-12T17:52:36Z
Anyone still having this problem. Still persistent with this version of YAF. What SP should I fix, any clues? (Cann not debug locally with this)

Thanks! :)
/Tony
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2013-06-13T01:18:44Z
The UserAgent string must be very long. This is a bug, though. The system should truncate long User Agent strings. I'll add to my bug list.
tones
  •  tones
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2013-06-13T10:15:28Z
Many thanks for the feedback!

Got some feedback on this for you that might help to fix it quicker 😎

Error + Stacktrace:




If it can help I actually have a couple of request strings from the IIS log and the complete stacktrace. I masked out the username, IPs and URLs and added some nonsense to the YAF_Authentication string. Same user making same request with a mac, first one is made as per usual - not working - and the second one with the user agent set to IE/PC - which is working.

Previous version of YAF that we were using was the one around end August + Beginning of September which was working fine with all these platforms.

Did you put it in the tracker? Can't seem to find the YAF-# for it.

Not working


Working



Also Windows phone does not work, but if changing the user agent to Android using an app it works fine. User reported problems logging in though. Same user making both requests and changing to Android from Windows phone inbetween:

Not working


Working




tha_watcha
2013-06-13T11:13:01Z
Turn off bad user agent logging in the host settings (under Host -> Logs -> Enable Unhandled UserAgent Log) as quick workaround until the problem is fixed.
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
2013-06-13T13:37:52Z
Quote:

The UserAgent string must be very long. This is a bug, though. The system should truncate long User Agent strings. I'll add to my bug list.



The User agents for mac os and Windows Phone are fixed now.

But the truncating for bad agents is not fixed
UserPostedImage
tones
  •  tones
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2013-06-13T15:16:57Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Turn off bad user agent logging in the host settings (under Host -> Logs -> Enable Unhandled UserAgent Log) as quick workaround until the problem is fixed.



It is now working!!! Many thanks!!!! :-d

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved