Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2013-04-26T17:51:25Z
Having the capability to sort unapproved members by date they "Joined" would be very nice to have...
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2013-04-26T20:32:04Z
yaf_admin_users.aspx

Set role to "unverified"

Filter by join date since: 1 week, ...

Does that help you?
Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
2013-04-26T21:07:02Z
Thanks, but no, it doesn't do what I want. When I click on the Admin page (A Heartbreaking Choice » Administration) a list shows up (see screen shot)

UserPostedImage

As you can see all the "Unapproved" members are in no order at all (I have blacked out their email addresses for security reasons) but they are not ordered by user name, emails alphabetically or even by the date they joined. Being able to quickly scan the new "registered" (but not approved) members by date or user name would be a huge benefit.

Thanks,

Coleen
JP
  •  JP
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader
2013-04-27T21:30:12Z
I must say that I think the default sort order should be the date in descending order instead of the user name.

Would be much easier to have an overview of pending registrations this way, since you are mostly interested in the latest arrivals... To sort it by user name is not useful at all for admins/moderators...

I support this feature request fully, and think that the latest first in list should be the default..
Just one of the many things inside YAF administration that just needs some small adjustment to fit the real world... 😉
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Coleen
  •  Coleen
  • 89.2% (Honored)
2013-04-27T23:38:21Z
Thanks JP - yes I agree completely, it would be much better/easier to have the new members sorted in date order, but as you can see by my screen shot - they are not ordered at all! It's bizarre! For privacy's sake I blacked out all the email addresses but I can assure you that those were not in any order either. Oh well, something to strive for in the next upgrade.

It's been a long time since I've done any real back-end VB.net programming but last I remember there was an option that allowed a gridview to be sorted. I'm not sure what user controls are used in this app for that page (I honestly have not delved into the code since I am not a C# programmer by trade) - I can understand a little bit but most of it is way beyond me - I've been out of hard-core programming since early 2008. I do know that there was a way to sort the gridviews though...
tha_watcha
2013-04-28T09:42:37Z
Just added simply sorting for all fields, by default it sorts Joined Date DESC, this will be included in 2.0 BETA 1
tha_watcha attached the following image(s):

UserPostedImage
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2013-05-15T17:23:37Z
Ingo: I'm getting a script error on latest on that page. This is on cleanSlate. I'll give you more info when I get home.
Zero2Cool
2013-05-15T17:33:22Z
I just downloaded the latest source and I believe it's missing the /resources/css/jquery.tablesorter.css file.

My site isn't running the latest build, but rather one from a week or so ago and I have two errors when I "Inspect Element"

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
themes/GreenGrey/js/jquery.tipTip.minified.js?_=1368638744213

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
/resources/css/jquery.tablesorter.css

Note: I renamed GreenGrey theme, so I'm thinking that one is on me. 😃
tha_watcha
2013-05-16T11:04:06Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I just downloaded the latest source and I believe it's missing the /resources/css/jquery.tablesorter.css file.

Removed it, fixed now.
UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.