januszjasinski
2013-04-06T11:35:51Z
Hi,

I moved forums to new server and now all I get when I try to remember a login is "Unable to locate the user name entered."

The integration was previously with Umbraco but that is no longer. I want a standalone forum.

Any advice?

Thanks,

JJ
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2013-04-06T11:49:11Z
Unfortunately, I can't answer specifically, but this has something to do with your web.config authorization settings. Search the forums and I believe you will find your answer.
januszjasinski
2013-04-06T11:54:40Z
Myself and a colleague have been searching for a whole week and have come no closer. I just registered a new user and I can find their details find via the "forgot password" part

I did notice that in the table "yaf_User" and in the column "ProviderUserKey" the value for the new user was BB39B24E-CDBB-4DB6-A506-CC3F5735F2AE whereas all the others are along the lines of 44155

At the moment, in my app file I have "<add key="YAF.ProviderKeyType" value="System.Guid" />" which is the same as the current/working setup but as per this post I am getting another error !

The developers should really do a full documentation guide on the forums including how to transfer.

Thanks however for your help

JJ
januszjasinski
2013-04-06T11:56:37Z
How do I do user migration?!?

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.