Kucuk
  •  Kucuk
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2012-11-13T11:14:54Z
Hi,

Is it possible to turn off registration step 2 where you select your country and timezone?
Sponsor
toregua
2012-11-15T16:18:30Z
I am very interested to have a solution to do that too.

or so how its own registration page?

Thank you in advance
jpweber
2012-11-27T21:16:36Z
First, please make a backup copy of this file prior to editing it. But I would assume this is how to make this happen:

Open the file YAF ---> pages ---> register.ascx

In there, find this:

<tr>
<td align="right" class="postheader">
<YAF:LocalizedLabel ID="LocalizedLabel18" runat="server" LocalizedTag="COUNTRY" />
:</td>
<td class="post">
<YAF:CountryListBox ID="Country" runat="server" DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="Value" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" class="postheader">
<asp:Label ID="LocationLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="Location">
<YAF:LocalizedLabel ID="LocalizedLabel12" runat="server" LocalizedTag="LOCATION" />
:</asp:Label></td>
<td class="post">
<asp:TextBox ID="Location" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
</td>
</tr>

as well as

<tr>
<td class="postheader">
<YAF:LocalizedLabel ID="LocalizedLabel15" runat="server" LocalizedTag="TIMEZONE" />
:</td>
<td class="post">
<asp:DropDownList ID="TimeZones" runat="server" DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="Value" /></td>
</tr>

And delete these lines. Save the file. It's okay; you backed the file up anyway, so no harm. Then upload pages/register.ascx and replace the old file. That should do the trick. I hope this helps; if it doesn't, continue to post anytime you have a question!
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF 
"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"
toregua
2012-12-02T21:58:37Z
Thank you very much jpweber for your answer. I applied but not entirely because I had errors object references. I am obliged to leave the country and timezone.

So I have one last question. Is it possible to put a timezone and a default country without changing code behind (and recompile...) ?

Thank you very much
jpweber
2012-12-03T17:15:49Z
I prefer the lazy ways out of things, is possible. This probably isn't the correct answer, but I would just go into languages -----> english.xml (or whatever language you have you YAF set to, and alter that file.

So under <page name="COUNTRY"> just delete all the countries you don't want except for the one you want as your default country.

And under <page name="TIMEZONES"> just delete all the timezones you want except for the one you want to use as your default.

Again, this probably isn't the right answer, but it should accomplish your objective(s).
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF 
Kucuk
  •  Kucuk
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2012-12-03T17:44:03Z
I solved this by adding a response.redirect in the code behind.
Simple.
jpweber
2012-12-03T18:44:39Z
Oh, so you have the source code. Excellent! Glad to hear you have everything solved! Make sure you mark the question as solved, so nobody else spends time researching it! Good luck!
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.