bellavec
  •  bellavec
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2012-09-03T11:13:28Z
Hi there!

We're having a weird issue on our YAF forum: sometimes scrollbars appear randomly where they're not supposed to, as shown in the following screenshot:

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/33aky/4kqb 

We have no clue about where they could be coming from, but we noticed that this only happens when the person who posts has a forum signature.

Any ideas about how we could fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Regards

bellavec
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2012-09-03T13:01:09Z
Originally Posted by: bellavec 

Hi there!

We're having a weird issue on our YAF forum: sometimes scrollbars appear randomly where they're not supposed to, as shown in the following screenshot:

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/33aky/4kqb 

We have no clue about where they could be coming from, but we noticed that this only happens when the person who posts has a forum signature.

Any ideas about how we could fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Regards

bellavec

This does look an older version. If possible you could upgrade to the latest Version to resolve this issue (If you have .NET 4). Or you try to extract the Green Grey theme folder from the current release and copy it your installation in to the theme folder (But thats not recommended) .

UserPostedImage
bellavec
  •  bellavec
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2012-09-03T13:56:52Z
We'll try to upgrade our version asap then, thanks for the hint! I'll let you know if that does the trick :)

Cheers,
bellavec
bellavec
  •  bellavec
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2012-09-04T13:20:02Z
.. Ehm, hi the_watcha.

I'm sorry for bothering you again, but I misjudged the upgrade solution: I thought it was a matter of a couple of clicks, but we realized we don't know how to do, technically, such an upgrade.

Our programmer is sick and he can't help us, thus I'm asking you for help. Would you say it's possible for us, who have host privileges but don't know much about IT stuff, to perform the upgrade?

Would you please tell me what we're supposed to do in the easiest way possible? Maybe you could link a guide for us about the matter?

Thanks a lot once again,
Cheers

bellavec
tha_watcha
2012-09-05T13:04:08Z
Originally Posted by: bellavec 

.. Ehm, hi the_watcha.

I'm sorry for bothering you again, but I misjudged the upgrade solution: I thought it was a matter of a couple of clicks, but we realized we don't know how to do, technically, such an upgrade.

Our programmer is sick and he can't help us, thus I'm asking you for help. Would you say it's possible for us, who have host privileges but don't know much about IT stuff, to perform the upgrade?

Would you please tell me what we're supposed to do in the easiest way possible? Maybe you could link a guide for us about the matter?

Thanks a lot once again,
Cheers

bellavec

This is your website correct:

http://www.vincopoker.com/ 

I see that the site uses dnn, upgrading is very easy in that case.

- Download the latest Version
- Install the Module via the Extensions Page.

But you need to know that the latest Release needs .NET 4.0. If you do not know if your site runs on 4.0 or not, and if 4.0 is supported by the server you better wait until your programmer gets back.
UserPostedImage
bellavec
  •  bellavec
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2012-09-05T15:18:42Z
Yeah that's the website, and I'm very happy hearing it's a very easy procedure. I'll make sure we have .NET 4.0 before acting though.

Thanks again for your help, very kind of you!

Cheers,
bellavec

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.