thx1200
  •  thx1200
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2012-04-22T01:12:59Z
I'm using YAF with DNN 6. I really like it, but I am running into an annoyance. The page titles are very long and doesn't match the scheme I'm using in the rest of my site (I've customized how DNN renders page titles in its Default.aspx.cs).

So in the rest of my site, the page titles look like this:
Current Page Title - Web Site Title

Like...
Blog - My Cool Site

I've excluded all the other bits of the DNN breadcrumb to shorten it and make it more SEO friendly.

YAF renders titles with the Topic Title, then Forum Title, then Board Title. After that, DNN appends my titles, Current page Title and Web Site Title. This gives me a really long title which is just too much. So my page titles end up looking like...
This app keeps crashing - Technical Support - My Forums - My Forums - My Cool Site

The forum title is duplicated because it's in the DNN page title and the board title in YAF.

I want my page titles to look like this:
Current Topic - Web Site Title

Like...
This app keeps crashing - My Cool Site

Is there any way to do this without recompiling the source? I really don't want to get into a situation where I have to diffmerge every time a new version of YAF is released.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2012-04-22T06:56:49Z
Quote:

Is there any way to do this without recompiling the source? I really don't want to get into a situation where I have to diffmerge every time a new version of YAF is released.

By default the DNN Module Currently Removes the Tab Title from the Page Title, if you set up the Tab Title it should work as expected.

However i added an Option to handle it correctly

Quote:

Added DNN Option to Remove Tab Name/Title from the Current Page Title you can choose between "Dont Remove", "Always Remove", "Remove only if matches the Board Name". Default Value : "Always Remove"

This will be included in 1.9.6.2
UserPostedImage