jpweber
  •  jpweber
  • 94.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-03-27T03:27:03Z
Hello!

I want to have a folder where engineers can upload their CAD drawings, and such, and other things like pictures.

I forgot where I did it, but I think I checked "enable file uploads" somewhere.

But when I go to my "GM File Uploads" forum, and post a new topic, there's no button to where I could upload a file. It's like I can just post a new topic and insert a picture if I have a URL to an image, but there's no place or no button to upload a file from your hard drive.

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong? How can I enable file uploading and have it actually work? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF 
"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"
Sponsor
Thantis
2012-03-27T12:28:58Z
When you post a message there is a check box (lower left) to attach a file, once it is selected click post and the file upload screen loads next.
tha_watcha
2012-03-27T13:05:16Z
Quote:

I forgot where I did it, but I think I checked "enable file uploads" somewhere.

The Upload access is handled tru the access masks, you need to allow upload access for the access masks you want to use.
UserPostedImage
jpweber
  •  jpweber
  • 94.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-03-27T17:43:39Z
Got it! Thanks Thantis, and the_watcha.

I added an extra couple of masks, and forgot to include upload access,

But I wasn't clicking "post", as Thantis had suggested, because I was looking for the file upload button first. Then I saw the check box in the lower left, and then figured to click "back", and figured it out.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply -- much appreciated!
Jason Weber
USS Vision YAF 
"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons"

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.