saj_21
  •  saj_21
  • 56.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2012-01-28T13:42:51Z
Hello friends,

How do i hide "Database " and "Upgrade" Or only "Version check" and "DB maintenance" from left side accordion menu in Admin page??????

Thanks and regards
Shailesh J.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2012-01-28T13:48:53Z
Originally Posted by: saj_21 

Hello friends,

How do i hide "Database " and "Upgrade" Or only "Version check" and "DB maintenance" from left side accordion menu in Admin page??????

Thanks and regards
Shailesh J.

If you want to change the Menu Items Inside the Admin Menu you need to Modify the Source Code in YAF.Controls\YafAdminMenu\ Modify the AdminMenuDef.xml

And Dont Forget to Compile the Project.
UserPostedImage
saj_21
  •  saj_21
  • 56.6% (Neutral)
2012-01-28T14:00:23Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Hello friends,

Thanks and regards
Shailesh J.

If you want to change the Menu Items Inside the Admin Menu you need to Modify the Source Code in YAF.Controls\YafAdminMenu\ Modify the AdminMenuDef.xml

Thanks friend,

But I am novice for YAF so can you guide me how to proceed further.
I have done changes in source files but I don't know how to apply them in my existing project???
tha_watcha
2012-01-28T14:08:13Z

Hello friends,

Thanks and regards
Shailesh J.

Thanks friend,

I have done changes in source files but I don't know how to apply them in my existing project???

Do you have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Web Developer 2010 Express? You need to Compile the YAF.Controls Project which generates a new YAF.Controls.dll inside the folder "yafsrc\YetAnotherForum.NET\Bin"

This file you need to replace inside your bin folder in your YAF Installation.

UserPostedImage
saj_21
  •  saj_21
  • 56.6% (Neutral)
2012-01-28T14:19:59Z

Hello friends,

Thanks and regards
Shailesh J.

Thanks friend,

Do you have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Web Developer 2010 Express? You need to Compile the YAF.Controls Project which generates a new YAF.Controls.dll inside the folder "yafsrc\YetAnotherForum.NET\Bin"

This file you need to replace inside your bin folder in your YAF Installation.

I have Visual Studio 2008. I tried as per your instructions.

1) I made changes in AdminMenuDef.xml file as <YafMenuSection Title="Database" HostAdminOnly="true">

2)complied it

3) then copied the YAF.Controls.dll file to my projects bin folder.

but it shows me the following error:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'YAF.Classes.Core, Version=1.9.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8b49dc47f4701f66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

😞
tha_watcha
2012-01-28T14:31:05Z
Quote:

1) I made changes in AdminMenuDef.xml file as <YafMenuSection Title="Database" HostAdminOnly="true">

That Setting Currently doesnt work (This is fixed in YAF 1.96 RC 1)

Quote:

3) then copied the YAF.Controls.dll file to my projects bin folder.

but it shows me the following error:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'YAF.Classes.Core, Version=1.9.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8b49dc47f4701f66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Compile the entire Solution and replace all dll Files from the bin folder.
UserPostedImage
saj_21
  •  saj_21
  • 56.6% (Neutral)
2012-01-28T14:56:04Z
Hey...yeepee...it works..

Thanks dude.

Have One more doubt.

Can i create two users with following privileges .
1) admin : Admin and moderate (Allowed all features)
2) xyz : Moderate (Can create new Forum).

tha_watcha
2012-01-28T15:39:56Z

Hey...yeepee...it works..

Thanks dude.

Have One more doubt.

Can i create two users with following privileges .
1) admin : Admin and moderate (Allowed all features)
2) xyz : Moderate (Can create new Forum).

1. Is possible
2. Is not possible. You can create mod users, but only admins can create new forums.
UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.