Sunshine81
2011-11-15T16:05:23Z
I have inherited a forum installation due to starting a new job. 1.9.3 and .NET 3.5

I currently have this error:
CS0433: The type 'YAF.Editor.:? ' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\2c6f3289\9cfe2c02\App_Code.fkhgkrh1.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\2c6f3289\9cfe2c02\assembly\dl3\1629d85f\78bf40ee_d09ecc01\YAF.Editor.DLL'

I cannot see how to get around this. The forum is installed with Sitecore. I have refollowed the installation instructions from the start. All of the files are in place, including files in the App_Code folder. These obviously conflict with the editor DLL.

Any idea why? Cannot see hwo to get around this, now tearing my hair out.

Been through my web.config and that seems to be set up correctly. Got all of the fields in it and they seem to be pointing at the right place. The root is set to the right place, the forum is in a folder called yaf, off of the root, and the value for the Root config is /yaf/.
Sponsor
squirrel
2011-11-15T19:58:13Z
Your IIS webserver is caching ASP.NET applications. I don't know if recycling the application pool will fix it or if you need to restart IIS but one of the two should clear IIS's dllcache and allow YAF to run...
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Sunshine81
2011-11-16T09:41:59Z
Okay but I'm running the website locally, not through IIS. So I don't have application pools to recycle. I.e. I hit F5 and start the website running.

I have restarted my computer though. I don't have application pools to recycle or IIS to restart! The problem still persists, so how would I resolve it in that case?
Sunshine81
2011-11-18T08:51:00Z
Anyone? I should add it only happens when you go to add a new topic. Really stumped here.
squirrel
2011-11-18T13:40:21Z
Originally Posted by: Sunshine81 

Anyone? I should add it only happens when you go to add a new topic. Really stumped here.

Those files being conflicted in that particular place means that the software serving the forum is caching ASP.NET applications. You need to atleast go to the folder it states, and clear out those files and restart the server and try again... That's the best advice beyond telling you to research Google for issues with "Temporary Cached ASP.NET application causing conflict".

Your problem is a server issue, not a YAF issue.
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Sunshine81
2011-11-18T14:36:56Z
Okay cool. Reassuring to know the issue is not with YAF. Thanks for the help!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.