Stief
  •  Stief
  • 59% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2011-11-15T14:38:12Z
Hi,

I want guest users to be able to see attached images of a post so I configured the access mask "read only access" with "download = yes".
Now guest users can see the image placeholders but the images don't load correctly (red crosses in IE). When I debug the request for the image request, the Yaf response is "Error: Resource has been moved or is unavailable. Please contact the forum admin."
In the Yaf admin event log the following error is logged:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at YAF.YafResourceHandler.CheckAccessRights(Object boardID, Object messageID)
at YAF.YafResourceHandler.GetResponseImagePreview(HttpContext context)

Logged in users see the images correctly.

I'm also using the same Yaf version and configuration on a staging server and I can't reproduce this error here ?

I'm using the latest compiled beta version.
Sponsor
Stief
  •  Stief
  • 59% (Neutral)
2011-11-25T08:14:06Z
Can somebody give me a suggestion which settings I need to check to resolve this problem ?
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-11-25T12:53:04Z
Originally Posted by: Stief 

Can somebody give me a suggestion which settings I need to check to resolve this problem ?

Can't be reproduced IE9, the latest repository.
OK

Stief
  •  Stief
  • 59% (Neutral)
2011-11-30T10:40:45Z
Ok, found the problem. It was related to the custom userprovider we use.
The CheckAccessRights call for the guest user returned an exception because our custom userprovider returned a non forum user.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.