a_elsayed2010
2011-06-14T12:36:30Z
Hi All,

it is my first time to try to install yaf and I'm getting the following error :

Quote:

Failed to connect:

The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed.

this error occurred when I have the following connection string :

Quote:

Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=yaf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Database.mdf;

and when I change the connection string to be the following :

Quote:

Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=yaf;Integrated Security=True AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Database.mdf;

I got this error :

Failed to connect:

Quote:

CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'. Cannot attach the file 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum2\App_Data\Database.mdf' as database 'yaf'.

please I'm in this problem for two days now, I need help as soon as you can

Thanks in Advance
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2011-06-14T13:23:25Z
I think it should be

Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Database.mdf;

UserPostedImage
a_elsayed2010
2011-06-14T13:31:39Z
Thank you for your reply, but I'm using SQL server 2008 full version , so what should I do to fix this problem with SQL?

Thanks in Advance
tha_watcha
2011-06-14T14:02:47Z
Originally Posted by: a_elsayed2010 

Thank you for your reply, but I'm using SQL server 2008 full version , so what should I do to fix this problem with SQL?

Thanks in Advance

If you use sql full version then the easiest way is to create the database in sql mangement studio. and call it

YAF for example. then you only need this

Server=(local);Database=YAF;Integrated Security=SSPI;

UserPostedImage
a_elsayed2010
2011-06-15T10:22:37Z
Thanks for your reply, I have tried to do so and I have made yaf database on SQL server and write the connection string, but I can't attach the Database.mdf file to my SQL server , also I have tried to view it's content using Third party program to view the content of the file, but it seems that the file is corrupted, My main problem is to run the installation wizard of database I,m always getting errors like

CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'yaf'

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.