Dimi
  •  Dimi
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2011-05-30T18:36:04Z
Is it hard to add one more layer?

To make the forum more organized and better structured sometimes we need more layers. Right now we're having

Category
Forum
Sub-forum

And that's actually all. Not enough, sorry!
Dimi
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2011-06-01T18:16:59Z
So, you'd like to have ...
Category
Forum
Sub-forum
Sub-forum2

???

I believe it would be possible by adding a column to the yaf_Topcis table to allow another level, but there would be admin changes required as well. From a top level, it seems feasible from the little I've see, however, I'm not sure how the stored procedures behave in regards to the levels of forums.
Dimi
  •  Dimi
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2011-06-01T20:21:41Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So, you'd like to have ...
Category
Forum
Sub-forum
Sub-forum2

???

I believe it would be possible by adding a column to the yaf_Topcis table to allow another level, but there would be admin changes required as well. From a top level, it seems feasible from the little I've see, however, I'm not sure how the stored procedures behave in regards to the levels of forums.

Yes, this is exactly what I want. The problem is - when I use the top level Forum to enter countries and states, then the sub-forum to enter practices in the appropriate country/state the whole forum page looks terrible - it's incredibly long. And there is no way to avoid that. You can briefly take a look at http://MyFootTalk.com  and you will understand why. Of course I can click the Nimus sign to close the state, but once a new user opens the page he sees this endless page and gets scared. So to get a more detailed level structure would help a lot. I would move all the practices to the top Category, then the rest of the structure would be moved deeper and that would make the whole page much shorter keeping the required accessibility at the same time.

I'm wondering if I'm alone or somebody else needs that? And is it hard to add one more level?
Dimi
UserPostedImage
ttomika
2011-06-08T23:43:25Z
I second this. I think this would be very useful.
Currently I'm trying to accomplish this with Category, but I don't see a way to control access to Category as there is for forums.
Either an extra level or access control for category would be very nice!
Thank you!
Tomika

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.