Wondercostumes
2011-05-09T14:41:15Z
Hello,

I've recently taken over a YAF forum as the administrator. The forum was created 2 years ago and then abandoned and the person who created it is long gone. I am completely new to C language, sql, and open source and I'm having trouble getting started as this forum seems to be geared towards more advanced users. Is there any place I can go that will help me learn from a really beginners standpoint? At least enough that I can make some simple changes (headers, avatars, applying themes)? Is it even possible for me to take over this board or should I start from scratch with simpler software?

Thank you all in advance.

Juliette
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-05-10T00:50:11Z
I'd recommend downloading Microsoft's WebMetrix (free) and loading the YAF.NET forum into it.

There isn't much documentation with YAF.NET. But there is a lot of information about basic web development on the Googles -- which is basically what you're doing when you play with YAF.NET.
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
Wondercostumes
2011-05-10T20:05:09Z
Thank you. I think that link is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Juliette
Wondercostumes
2011-05-11T16:19:10Z
Originally Posted by: Jaben 

I'd recommend downloading Microsoft's WebMetrix (free) and loading the YAF.NET forum into it.

There isn't much documentation with YAF.NET. But there is a lot of information about basic web development on the Googles -- which is basically what you're doing when you play with YAF.NET.

Is there some tutorial that will tell me how to load my existing forum into webmatrix?

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.