wombat172a
2011-05-08T17:36:52Z
Hi chaps,

Hopefully this is a simple problem. I've got my forum up and running fine, the only problem I have is integrating the membership with ASP.NET, particularly the role manager.

When I launch the "ASP.NET Website Administration Tool" to modify my roles (to protect /users, /admin subfolders etc.) I receive the following error when I click on the security tab:

Quote:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Type is not resolved for member 'Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException,Autofac, Version=2.3.2.632, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=17863af14b0044da'.

I understand this is due to this part of the web.config:
Quote:

<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="YafRoleProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafRoleProvider" type="YAF.Providers.Roles.YafRoleProvider"/>
</providers>
</roleManager>
<membership defaultProvider="YafMembershipProvider" hashAlgorithmType="SHA1">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafMembershipProvider" requiresUniqueEmail="true" useSalt="true" type="YAF.Providers.Membership.YafMembershipProvider"/>
</providers>
</membership>

<profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="YafProfileProvider" inherits="YAF.Utils.YafUserProfile">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafProfileProvider" type="YAF.Providers.Profile.YafProfileProvider"/>
</providers>
</profile>

Connection string is:
Quote:

<add name="yafnet" connectionString="Data Source=LISTER;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\seatag.mdf;Integrated Security=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

Any thoughts as to where this is going wrong?

Thank you
wombat172a attached the following image(s):
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-05-10T00:56:41Z
Since you're using YAF.NET's membership -- why not just do admin through YAF.NET?
wombat172a
2011-05-10T18:42:14Z
Hi Jaben,

Please forgive me if I'm being simple, but whereabouts in the YAF admin can I set these parameters?

If my first post wasn't very clear, what I'm trying to achieve is having yaf running in a subfolder called root/forum, but I'll also have other folders such as root/user and root/admin where I need to restrict access. I'll still be using the same set of users to control access to these subfolders. Normally this could be controlled by the ASP.NET role manager, but I see no way that the YAF admin can do the same?

Thanks for your help.
wombat172a
2011-05-30T16:11:57Z
Also a question following on from the above:

With the standard .NET membership system it's possible to custom properties to the user profile in the web.config, i.e.

Quote:

<profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="YafProfileProvider" inherits="YAF.Utils.YafUserProfile">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafProfileProvider" type="YAF.Providers.Profile.YafProfileProvider"/>
</providers>
<properties>
<add name="topcat" defaultValue="0" allowAnonymous="true "/>
</properties>

</profile>

However doing this throws an error, is there a procedure in YAF that allows me to do such things?

ramesh
  •  ramesh
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2012-06-03T12:57:15Z
i am getting the same error. please tell me how to resolve it

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.