ABO
  •  ABO
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-11-16T18:46:00Z
Server Error in '/forum' Application.

Could not locate the guest user for the board id 1. You might have deleted the guest group or removed the guest user.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: YAF.Classes.Core.NoValidGuestUserForBoardException: Could not locate the guest user for the board id 1. You might have deleted the guest group or removed the guest user.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NoValidGuestUserForBoardException: Could not locate the guest user for the board id 1. You might have deleted the guest group or removed the guest user.]
YAF.Classes.Core.UserMembershipHelper.get_GuestUserId() +476
YAF.Classes.Core.UserMembershipHelper.IsGuestUser(Int32 userID) +8
YAF.Controls.UserLink.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +97
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +134
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +134
System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +234
System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +34
YAF.Classes.Core.ForumPage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +17
YAF.Forum.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +168
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +163
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +51
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1266
Sponsor
Eatmeat
2010-12-20T01:46:57Z
I had the same issue after importing users from Dotnetnuke. Turned out I had had a registered user named Guest, who got unassigned from the yaf guests group. Fixed by changing his UserID to GroupID mapping in the yaf_UserGroup table. Guest user ID 1 must have Group ID 2 (the guests group by default).
mika_soukhov
2011-09-12T16:11:50Z
up this bug.

I had registered user guestXXX and after he is registered forum gone down. It's a very serious security hole.

mika_soukhov
2011-09-13T14:11:54Z
Originally Posted by: mika_soukhov 

up this bug.

I had registered user guestXXX and after he is registered forum gone down. It's a very serious security hole.

I hope this bug will be closed in 1.9.6
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-09-13T14:25:38Z
The problem was solved and the bug is closed. And it's a not a security problem.
Please, supply your problem history and how it happend.
mika_soukhov
2011-09-13T16:47:31Z
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

The problem was solved and the bug is closed. And it's a not a security problem.

That bug totally crash my forum and I can't log on to site event under admin account. Problem was fixed by change in UserGroup table.

Please, supply your problem history and how it happend.

New user registered with guestXXX name. After that our site became unavailable. Google pointed me to that topic, and I started to find out new users on yaf_User table. I decided that user guestXXX cause of problem, changed his group from 3 to 2 and the problem was gone.
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-09-13T18:48:05Z
To quick fix it make something which will exclude 'guest' word in any combination o casing in nicks.
I can't reproducr it my MojoPortal integration and assume it's related to Membership. I don't know which provider you use.
mika_soukhov
2011-09-13T19:33:18Z

To quick fix it make something which will exclude 'guest' word in any combination o casing in nicks.
I can't reproducr it my MojoPortal integration and assume it's related to Membership. I don't know which provider you use.

ASP.NET Membership.
mika_soukhov
2011-09-15T09:46:30Z

ASP.NET Membership.

Something very very wrong in YAF... Today I founded that user number one (guest) can write messages into forums. But in admin console I see that guest has RO permissions. I opened SSMS and founded that guest has a group id 3.

I think guest problem not a only security hole. It's a potential dangerous problem. Guest's can kill web site or entered into closed area.

I hope it will be fixed asap. It's very serious problem. Something wrong in YAF engine. And I'm afraid it still in a latest version.
mika_soukhov
2011-09-15T14:08:16Z

ASP.NET Membership.

I'm not sure about it now. How can I check what type of membership do I use?
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-09-15T16:03:16Z
Sorry, your bugs are not reproducible.

DavidW
2012-04-02T10:20:30Z
I have the same problem. Is there a fix I can apply to 1.9.5.5 to solve this issue?
tha_watcha
2012-04-02T10:40:11Z
Originally Posted by: david@wiss.co.uk 

I have the same problem. Is there a fix I can apply to 1.9.5.5 to solve this issue?

If you deleted the guest User Account you need to create a new Guest Account and assign that user the Guest Role only.
UserPostedImage
DavidW
2012-04-02T11:19:52Z
Thanks for the reply but how can one do that if there's an error being thrown that prevents access to the site?
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-04-03T01:17:04Z
Look for board_create sp in procedures.sql. You can find required snippets there to recreate a guest user and groups if required. It's unknown what exactly you are missing so you should make it yourself.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.