Egghead
  •  Egghead
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-10-25T12:00:30Z
For some reason, when I visit the forum from a Macbook, the application pool crashes. Same happens when I visit the forum from my Blackberry Storm. If I visit using safari on a Windows desktop, the forums are okay.

I'm hosting the site on Windows 2008, IIS 7. I tried both integrated and classic modes.
Sponsor
smyrnian
2010-11-17T03:59:10Z
I have the same issue on the same server setup. Did you find the solution?
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-11-17T04:18:52Z
smyrnian
2010-11-17T05:30:04Z
My version is 1.9.4 final

I've found the bug:

ISSUE:
If YAF detects a "Mac" or "Blackberry" operating system (and probably others) in the browser user agent string, it spits the dummy. It doesn't matter what browser you use, I'm pretty sure it's the operating system, because Safari on a PC works fine. To prove this, on a Macbook, you enable the "Develop" menu and from it, change the user agent to "Firefox" and YAF will run fine on a Mac.

HERE IS THE FIX:
If you uncheck the checkbox in Admin/Host Settings/Features/"Enable Unhandled UserAgent Log" then the website works OK on a Mac.

Cheers,
Nuri
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-11-17T09:14:04Z
The option was introduced to detect the problem too and for developers only. Never enable it. It's present in 1.9.5 too.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.