gnetiv
  •  gnetiv
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-08-16T18:08:25Z
Hello

I'm trying to set the forum up on Windows Server 2008 R2. When connecting to the forum I get the error below:

Quote:

Server Error in '/Forum' Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 94: <providers>
Line 95: <clear />
Line 96: <add connectionStringName="yafnet" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" name="YafRoleProvider" type="YAF.Providers.Roles.YafRoleProvider" />
Line 97: </providers>
Line 98: </roleManager>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forum\web.config Line: 96

Thanks in advance for any suggestions in resolving this issue.

-g
Sponsor
w3bdev
  •  w3bdev
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2010-08-18T13:06:44Z
I have the same error when I am setting up. I disabled role management temporarily to get past this, but there's still errors after install. Something is definitely not right here.
gnetiv
  •  gnetiv
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-08-18T18:27:30Z
w3bdev

I was able to resolve the issue but I did it by just putting the contents in the YetAnotherForum.NET folder into a folder called Forum in c:\Inetpub rather then c:\Inetpub\wwwroot. Then accessed the install wizard from http://localhost/install/default.aspx. From there I was able to create a new connection string that I used to modify the db.config file. After that I was able to configure the forum. Hope this helps out. Not sure exactly what resolved the issue I just know it works now. 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.